1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me help

1. Jun 9, 2007 #1
    can any one answer these quistions : :uhh:

i am in big problem if no one answer :yuck:

Question :

1- if the relation between the resistance and the temperature is given by Rt=R0 ( 1- α t1/3) where the resistance at 00C is 60 Ω and the temperature coefficient is 0.1 0C-1/3.

a- Name the independent and dependent variables.

b- Draw the R-T graph by assuming different values of "t" ranged between 0 and 64 0C .

c- Find the value of the resistance at t=270C

d- Explain if this material is conductor or semi-conductor and why?

2- if the relation between the resistance and the temperature is giving by Rt=R0 ( 1-+α t) where the resistance at 0 0C is 20 Ω and the temperature coefficient is 0.050C-1

a- name the dependent and independent variables.

b- Draw the R-T graph

c- Find the value of the resistance at t=25 0C

d- Explain if this material is conductor or semi-conductor and why?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2007 #2

ranger

Gold Member

You'll have to do better than that to receive help. Tell us your thoughts about the question and possible answers.

4. Jun 10, 2007 #3

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The only one responsible for your problems in this case is yourself...dont blame us.

5. Jun 10, 2007 #4
    thanks for your help

6. Jun 10, 2007 #5

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

We want to help, not be your slave or servant who does the work for you. You must realize this.

7. Jun 16, 2007 #6
    thanks for your advice

8. Jun 16, 2007 #7

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Good- now follow it! What are the definitions of "dependent variable" and "independent variable"?

Surely you know how to draw a graph- calculate a few values of R for different values of t, mark those points on a graph and draw a "smooth curve" through them.

If t= 270 degrees Celcius, how do you calculate the corresponding r? (You might have thought to use as one of the points in (b).) Finally, look up the definitions of "conductor" and "semi-conductor"!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?