Searching Signaling System 7/Q.xx Series & Protocol Series of RNIS

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with a search on the topic of telephone networks, specifically the signaling system 7/Q.xx series and the protocol series of RNIS. They are having trouble finding information and are unsure if there is a mistake in the spelling of "canal" as it was written by their teacher in French. They are asking for assistance in understanding this subject.
arassil
help me "search"

hi,
i have an exposed "search" and i don't find the informations because i didn't understand the subject
so help me please
THIs the subject :signaling system 7/Q.xx series & protocol series ofRNIS :protocol canal D,canal B
thank you .

Physics news on Phys.org
arassil said:
hi,
i have an exposed "search" and i don't find the informations because i didn't understand the subject
so help me please
THIs the subject :signaling system 7/Q.xx series & protocol series ofRNIS :protocol canal D,canal B
thank you .

What is the context of the question? What area of science or engineering is it from?

telephone networks
in french réseaux téléphoniques

Just guessing, but your 'canal' possibly should in English be spelled 'channel'.

Likes 1 person
Written by our teacher and I think he made ​​a mistake; because we are studying in French.
thank you

1. What is Signaling System 7 (SS7) and how does it relate to RNIS?

Signaling System 7 (SS7) is a set of telephony signaling protocols used to set up and manage voice calls between telecommunication networks. It is an essential part of the global public switched telephone network (PSTN) and is used to route calls and exchange signaling information between different networks. SS7 is also used in conjunction with RNIS (Réseau Numérique à Intégration de Services), a digital telecommunication standard used in Europe and other parts of the world, to provide advanced features such as caller ID and call forwarding.

2. What is the Q.xx series in SS7?

The Q.xx series is a set of SS7 protocols that govern the specific procedures for call setup, management, and tear down. These protocols are used in conjunction with other SS7 protocols to ensure efficient and reliable communication between networks. The Q.xx series includes protocols such as Q.931 for call setup and Q.850 for call clearing.

3. How does SS7 support advanced features in RNIS?

SS7 allows for the exchange of signaling messages between different networks, which enables advanced features such as caller ID, call waiting, and call forwarding. These features are made possible by the use of SS7 protocols in conjunction with RNIS to transmit and process signaling information between networks.

4. Is SS7 a secure protocol?

SS7 has been known to have vulnerabilities that can be exploited by hackers to intercept and manipulate calls and other communications. However, there are security measures in place, such as encryption and firewalls, that can help mitigate these risks. Network operators also regularly monitor and update their systems to prevent potential security breaches.

5. How is SS7 used in modern telecommunications?

While SS7 was originally designed for traditional voice calls, it is now used in a variety of modern telecommunications services. It is used for signaling in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls, SMS messaging, and other data services. Additionally, SS7 is also used in the implementation of 5G networks to support advanced features and services.