Medical Physics or Physics of Fluids: Which Should I Choose for A-Levels?

• Thread starter nisha
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about choosing topics for physics option at A-levels. The options being considered are medical physics and physics of fluids. The participants have different opinions, with cookiemonster liking fluid mechanics more and Gary preferring physics of fluids for its challenging nature. Nisha is asked for her opinion, and it is mentioned that the Edexcel syllabus is an option. It is also noted that medical physics is a relatively easy topic compared to other options, but still enjoyable.
nisha
iam taking a-levels and have to choose some topics for physics option ...which is more interesting.. medical physics or physics of fluids?...need opinion

Physics news on Phys.org
It depends what you're interested in!

cookiemonster

I like fluid mechanics more! Not sure about you though!

Gary

Last edited:
i would go for physics of fluid

it would be more challenging for me

but seriously how about u ?

which one are you most interested in Nisha ?

just out of interest, is anyone doing the Edexcel syllabus?

i feel fluid physics would be more interesting!moreover it depends on your interest.

I did Medical Physics at A level and it was pretty basic so if you want an easy time choose that. It's mainly a case of learning off the theory, some diagrams and some equations. Not too much thought required in comparison to other topics. I did enjoy it though- made a nice change from all the other topics we had covered!

What factors should I consider when choosing my option?

When choosing an option, you should consider your interests, skills, career goals, and the availability of resources and support for each option. You should also think about the potential risks and benefits of each option.

How can I determine which option is the best fit for me?

To determine the best option for you, you can research each option thoroughly, talk to individuals who have experience in each field, and consider your personal strengths and weaknesses. You can also try shadowing or interning in each field to get a better understanding of what it entails.

What are the potential career opportunities for each option?

The potential career opportunities for each option will vary depending on your chosen field of study or career path. It is important to research the job market and demand for each option, as well as potential growth and advancement opportunities.

How can I make an informed decision about my option?

To make an informed decision, you should gather as much information as possible about each option and weigh the pros and cons. You can also seek advice and guidance from mentors, counselors, or professionals in your desired field.

What if I am still unsure about which option to choose?

If you are still unsure about which option to choose, you can explore different options through internships, volunteering, or taking classes. It is also important to keep an open mind and be willing to reassess your decision as you gain more experience and knowledge.