1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me to solve this equation pls

1. Aug 25, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

i want to find the beta of this equation. i mean beta in one side and all other things next side. it is ok even if you provide the final answer without calculations.

2. Relevant equations

-2R*sin([tex]\beta[/tex]/2)*cos(K-[tex]\beta[/tex]/2)/sin(K+[tex]\beta[/tex])=d

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2010 #2

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What have you tried so far?

I suggest that you first expand cos(k-β/2) and sin(k+β) and then use the half-angle trig identities to get rid of β/2 in favor of β.

4. Aug 25, 2010 #3
    thanks. i did try to expand it but im zero in maths. please help

5. Aug 26, 2010 #4

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have provided help by telling you what to do, but I am not going to do it for you. You can find the identities you need to do what I suggested in

http://www.sosmath.com/trig/Trig5/trig5/trig5.html

Look under "Sum-difference formulas" and "Double angle formulas." Begin by multiplying both sides of the equation by sin(K+β). If you get stuck, ask for help but show your work.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook