1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me vid my sat II prep its on 4th June

1. May 19, 2005 #1
    help me vid my sat II prep!! its on 4th June!!!

ive beem preparin 4 the june 4th sat II.

I just had a few questions. Here it goes:

For physics ive bin usin
    1. Barrons
    2. Princeton Review
    3. kaplan

For maths
    2.Princeton Review

Could anyone who has given the sat tell me wat the level of the questions is on the test, both 4 physics and math..

also, are these books enough and are the questions on these books higher or lower level than the actual test???

also, could sum1 give an answer to my questions book by book...plz.

thanks everybody, ur help will be greatly appreciated!!!
  2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2005 #2

Gold Member

The College Board (who writes and administers the tests) sells a book of actual, recent tests. If you want to know what the test is like, there's the answer. But I would see if your library has it first- there is only one test per subject.
    Last edited: May 19, 2005
  4. May 19, 2005 #3
    dats the problem dude.......this book isnt available anywhere!!!
    i live in india......and i cant find it anywhere!!!!

so please give me another idea......plz!!

also.....tell me how the books i hav mentioned compare to the original test.
  5. May 19, 2005 #4

Gold Member

6. May 19, 2005 #5
    any other suggestion??
  7. May 19, 2005 #6

Gold Member

I haven't taken any subject tests or used any of those books. The only advice I can offer is to read the reviews on Amazon for each of your books. For instance, the reviews for Princeton Review's Physics.
  8. May 20, 2005 #7

I hope u spend sum time reviewin ur grammar and spellin b4 u take da test
  9. May 20, 2005 #8

y??? is there a pron vid ma spellin??
  10. May 20, 2005 #9
    Yeah, now stop it.

Anyway, those prep. books are fine. Study those and you'll ace the test. On the side note, remember: Barron's is always harder than the actual test.
  11. May 20, 2005 #10
    This section of the site is a bit more "formal" so I would suggest to write out y into "Why". Oh, and it is "with", not "vid". Just some friendly suggestions :smile:

And to answer your question, you wrote five words incorrectly, but you live in India so I don't really blame you, if you move to America; you will learn the language better.
    So, what you were trying to say is "Why? Is there a problem with my spelling?"

Now to get on topic, I would suggest that you buy the book from Amazon that was mentioned previously. I know that it costs money to ship, but it is the absolute best way to get a feel of the test.
  12. May 20, 2005 #11
    Sorry everybody!! I didnt know about the section being formal!! sorry again!!!

Also, I had another question....Are the kaplan tests like the real test?? Because they get over in half an hour!!!

Please reply.
  13. May 20, 2005 #12
    Although I haven't use the Kaplan books for SATII: Physics Test, I have used it in preparing for AP Exams. Through my experience usually Kaplan and Barron are some of the worst preparation books. THe best book I would recommend is to use Princeton Review for your preparation.
  14. May 20, 2005 #13
    Poster above: You just scared the crap out of me - we have the exact same name!..

But you are correct: PR is the best. Kaplan is usually too easy; Barron's is too hard. At any rate though, study the topics covered on the exam.. that's all you really need to do.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?