Help me vid my sat II prep its on 4th June

• Testing
  • Thread starter sachit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sat
In summary, these books are good for preparing for the SAT, but the questions on the actual test are usually harder than the questions in the books. The books are also expensive to ship from America.
sachit
help me vid my sat II prep! its on 4th June!

hi

ive beem preparin 4 the june 4th sat II.

I just had a few questions. Here it goes:

For physics I've bin usin
1. Barrons
2. Princeton Review
3. kaplan

For maths
1.barrons
2.Princeton Review

Could anyone who has given the sat tell me wat the level of the questions is on the test, both 4 physics and math..

also, are these books enough and are the questions on these books higher or lower level than the actual test?

also, could sum1 give an answer to my questions book by book...please.

thanks everybody, ur help will be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
The College Board (who writes and administers the tests) sells a book of actual, recent tests. If you want to know what the test is like, there's the answer. But I would see if your library has it first- there is only one test per subject.

Last edited:
honestrosewater The College Board (who writes and administers the tests) sells a book of actual, recent tests. If you want to know what the test is like, there's the answer. But I would see if your library has it first- there is only one test per subject.

dats the problem dude...this book isn't available anywhere!
i live in india...and i can't find it anywhere!

so please give me another idea...please!

also...tell me how the books i hav mentioned compare to the original test.

any other suggestion??

sachit said:
dats the problem dude...this book isn't available anywhere!
i live in india...and i can't find it anywhere!

so please give me another idea...please!

also...tell me how the books i hav mentioned compare to the original test.
I haven't taken any subject tests or used any of those books. The only advice I can offer is to read the reviews on Amazon for each of your books. For instance, the reviews for Princeton Review's Physics.

I hope u spend sum time reviewin ur grammar and spellin b4 u take da test

JFo said:
I hope u spend sum time on ur grammar and spellin b4 u take ur test

y? is there a pron vid ma spellin??

Yeah, now stop it.

Anyway, those prep. books are fine. Study those and you'll ace the test. On the side note, remember: Barron's is always harder than the actual test.

sachit said:
y? is there a pron vid ma spellin??

This section of the site is a bit more "formal" so I would suggest to write out y into "Why". Oh, and it is "with", not "vid". Just some friendly suggestions :smile:

And to answer your question, you wrote five words incorrectly, but you live in India so I don't really blame you, if you move to America; you will learn the language better.
So, what you were trying to say is "Why? Is there a problem with my spelling?"

Now to get on topic, I would suggest that you buy the book from Amazon that was mentioned previously. I know that it costs money to ship, but it is the absolute best way to get a feel of the test.

Sorry everybody! I didnt know about the section being formal! sorry again!

Also, I had another question...Are the kaplan tests like the real test?? Because they get over in half an hour!

Please reply.

Although I haven't use the Kaplan books for SATII: Physics Test, I have used it in preparing for AP Exams. Through my experience usually Kaplan and Barron are some of the worst preparation books. THe best book I would recommend is to use Princeton Review for your preparation.

Poster above: You just scared the crap out of me - we have the exact same name!..

But you are correct: PR is the best. Kaplan is usually too easy; Barron's is too hard. At any rate though, study the topics covered on the exam.. that's all you really need to do.

Related to Help me vid my sat II prep its on 4th June

1. How should I prepare for the SAT II on June 4th?

The best way to prepare for the SAT II is to start studying early and consistently. Make a study schedule, review material from your classes, and use practice tests to identify your strengths and weaknesses. It's also important to get enough rest and eat well before the test.

2. How many hours should I study for the SAT II?

The amount of time you should study for the SAT II depends on your current level of knowledge and your target score. It's recommended to study for at least 3-4 hours per week for several weeks leading up to the test. However, you may need to adjust this based on your individual needs.

3. What materials should I use to study for the SAT II?

There are many resources available for SAT II preparation, including study guides, practice tests, and online resources. It's important to choose materials that align with the content and format of the test you are taking. You can also ask your teacher or school counselor for recommendations.

4. What are some tips for taking the SAT II?

Some tips for taking the SAT II include carefully reading and understanding each question, managing your time effectively, and using process of elimination when answering multiple choice questions. It's also important to stay calm and focused during the test.

5. Is it possible to improve my score on the SAT II in a short amount of time?

While it may be challenging, it is possible to improve your score on the SAT II in a short amount of time with dedicated studying and strategic test-taking techniques. However, it's important to set realistic goals and not put too much pressure on yourself, as this can negatively impact your performance on the test.