Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help Me

1. Sep 7, 2005 #1
    Help Me!!!

HELP!!!
    My sisters and now even my dad are listening to the backstreet boys!!! The sound system upstairs is better than mine so I can't drown it out!!!

WHAT DO I DO??? AHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHH :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2005 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Call a doctor and get them committed, throw the breaker for that room or
    take up some out door hobby :wink:

4. Sep 7, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

This always works:

-walk into the room
    -take a deep breath
    -yell:
    "Shut the **** up or ****, I'll ******* kick your guys' *** before that ******* **** plays another ******* song! ****!

This is my 'toned down version'

5. Sep 7, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hitssquad posted a link somewhere, I think in technology (an old thread, you'll have to search for it) on noise cancelling headphones. They're pricey, but for such a dire situation, they seem well worth the expense! (I think you can buy them in places like Staples and some other stores that sell audio equipment...they're mostly marketed toward people flying on planes, though if you don't want ones that allow you to listen to music, you can pick up ones that just give you silence at hardware stores, usually near the lawnmowers or other power tools; they're sold as hearing protection there).

6. Sep 7, 2005 #5
  7. Sep 7, 2005 #6
    hmmm, are they using original CD's? Or burned ones? Or is it all digitalized?
    (that's right, I have a plan!)

8. Sep 7, 2005 #7
    I like plans.:biggrin: Although I must say my particular crisis is a sticky one. See my sister has the CD, but the music has been put on the computer in the living room (which is right above my basement bedroom :grumpy:). That computer has a pretty decent sound system hooked up to it, and the subwoofer is right on the floor above my head.

Also, the other music that isn't on the album my sister has is on the computer in digital form.

Yes, although my dad may use TheStatutoryApe's suggestion against me in a form of punishment. Plus my dad is bigger than me so it would be an empty threat :uhh:

It seems that they have thought of everything, there is a anti-power-outage-system-thingy hooked up to the computer so that when the power goes out it stays on and my dad doesn't loose all the information, also the network stays on that way and my laptop (which has a battery:biggrin:) still has internet. The enemy is strong, I think it's time to hear what General Smurf has to say about the current situation.

Moonbear, thank you for the suggestion but I need a money-friendly alternative :smile:

9. Sep 8, 2005 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Start playing ABBA, your sisters (or at the very least, your Dad), will be shocked into silence:
    http://www.abbasite.com/start/
    If that doesn't help, threaten them that you will start listening to Village People. The threat of having "YMCA" played at full volume in a nice, suburban home will surely do it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  10. Sep 8, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could start singing along. But not well, just scream at the top of your lungs parts of the lyrics, get other parts all wrong, sing "la la la" for others, etc. Of course, this only works if they aren't already singing along badly.

11. Sep 8, 2005 #10

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Make the best of the situation and dance!!!

12. Sep 8, 2005 #11
    Hmmm....interesting I shall try these out next time....I'm at school right now (spare ehehe :approve: ).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?