Help Name My Latest Rescue: Vote for Cute Kitty Names on My Website!

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
In summary: HEALTH CLUB! In summary, the author is asking for help naming her new rescue cat and people are disagreeing on a name. The author votes for Stubs and people are disagreeing.

Name the Kitty

• Hayden

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Stubs

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Precious

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
holly said:
I know the dutch are an innocent people, but really...imagine opening my door in God-fearing Midland and calling out for Dik...BLUSH..."Excuse me, do you know where I can find Dik?" Oh, no, please...always looking for Dik...
Gosh.. I didn't even think of that :redface: :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey guyz/galz, someone on another thread has SEVEN baby skunks to name! Since the names you are suggesting are so stinky (JOKING), maybe you could donate them to his baby skunks...oh, a baby skunk is an adorable creature! I'm going to go see if he has a pic of them... :smile:

Yes, Ivan has made an Executive Decision at our house. He's left this problem of the baby skunks up to ME! :surprise: :biggrin: So... guess WHAT??! :biggrin: Ivan gets to live with seven baby skunks around the corner from his office door. :rofl: :rofl:

Tsunami, Ah kiss yer little feet for saving the baby skunks...YOU SAVED THE BABIES!

ALL HAIL TSUNAMI, RADIOLOGICAL TECH EXTRAORDINAIRE!

It's my sister's birthday coming weekend, she wants to have a kitty.. maybe you can send over a cute little baby skunk? I'm sure she'll adopt it ;)

holly said:
'm going to go see if he has a pic of them... :smile:

Actually, I was going to try to get one. It is really hillarious. They travel in a tight little pack. All that I saw was tails.

I will post it in the name the skunks thread if I get one.

Edit: also, I voted for stubs. Precious? Please. All the other boy cats will make fun of him.

Last edited:
holly said:
Tsunami, Ah kiss yer little feet for saving the baby skunks...YOU SAVED THE BABIES!

ALL HAIL TSUNAMI, RADIOLOGICAL TECH EXTRAORDINAIRE!
Aw, shucks... :redface:

Just two days until the polls close and Stubs is still in the lead!

The wretched cat is on my poo-poo list. He is menacing my poor little cat Ludwig...Ludwig is under sedation because the soon-to-be-called Stubs is staring at him, jumping at his back end as he scuttles away, and hanging around the food bowl, smoking. Well, not actually smoking, but he LOOKS like a thug...Anyone live within driving distance who wants a genuine Manx kitty?

See, told you he has too much attitude to be called Precious. Just one look at that picture, and I could tell that! And of course with a cat named Ludwig around, who do you think he's going to pick on? LOL!

Poll is over.

Official name is STUBS, nickname is already STUBBIE. Thanks to all for helping name him. Please pray for Ludwig, as he is very nervous still.

Any addition to the clan creates an entirely new social dynamic. Poor Ludwig; change is difficult. Cheers to Stubbie. :biggrin:

Yay! Stubbie! Don't worry about Ludwig, they'll sort it all out amongst themselves. Animals are much better than people at settling their differences and living together peacefully.

I was just talking to my vet last week about the possibility of getting another kitty, since Jelly has been kinda lonely (her mama cat passed away in January). She was telling me that when I introduce the new cat, I should make sure I establish Jelly as the dominant cat. She said I should feed Jelly first, give her attention first,etc. and that would help smooth the transition. I don't know if that would work with Ludwig and Stubs, but I thought I would pass along the advice she gave me.

Stubs cares nothing for the interesting psychological ponderings of veterinarians and their fantasy-based advice. Stubs only cares about biting great mouthsful of belly fur off the cowering Ludwig, who asks that you pass this advice on to your vet "GET REAL, YOU WRETCHED SHOT-GIVING, BALL-STEALING VET! GIVE ME A VALIUM, AND KINDLY EUTHANIZE THE EVIL STUBS!"

That's too bad that Stubs is being mean. He looks like such a nice cat. :frown:

I think you said that both cats were nuetered? Poor Ludwig.

I guess Stubs has had a hard life and it will be difficult for him to understand that he needn't feel threatened by another cat.

holly said:
Stubs cares nothing for the interesting psychological ponderings of veterinarians and their fantasy-based advice. Stubs only cares about biting great mouthsful of belly fur off the cowering Ludwig, who asks that you pass this advice on to your vet "GET REAL, YOU WRETCHED SHOT-GIVING, BALL-STEALING VET! GIVE ME A VALIUM, AND KINDLY EUTHANIZE THE EVIL STUBS!"

That was hysterically funny. :rofl:
I am sure that's exactly what Ludwig would say if he could talk!

Go stubs! what an insanely cute name!