Apply for Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program: Get Ideas Here!

• Thread starter simon009988
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, the conversation discusses the opportunity for the speaker to write an essay to apply for the Perimeter Institute's Summer physics program. The speaker expresses uncertainty about how to begin and what to write about, as the essay must be 500 words or less. Suggestions are given to write about the speaker's interest in science, scientific achievements, and the role of science in life. It is advised to write in a lively and colloquial manner to showcase a dynamic personality.
simon009988
I was offered by my high school physics teacher to write an essay to submit to the Perimeter Institute describing why I should go to their Summer physics program,
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/en/Outreach/Education/ISSYP_Overview/

I don't know what how to begin and what to write about, it needs to be 500 words or less.

Any ideas on what to write would help, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you like science? Are there specific things in science that interest you? What are your scientific achievements? What is the role of science in life? Write about that stuff, I guess.

For this kind of essay, I suggest to be lively and colloquial. They want a dynamic personality and they'll look for that in the essay.

1. What are the eligibility requirements for the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program?

The Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program is open to high school students who are currently in grade 10 or 11 and have a strong interest in physics and mathematics. Applicants must have a minimum of an A- average in these subjects and be able to provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor.

2. What is the application process for the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program?

The application process for the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program involves submitting an online application form, a letter of recommendation, and an official high school transcript. Additionally, applicants must complete a series of short answer questions and provide a written statement of interest explaining why they want to participate in the program.

3. What is the duration and schedule of the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program?

The Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program is a two-week program that typically takes place in July. Participants will engage in a variety of activities, including lectures, hands-on experiments, and group projects. The exact schedule will be provided to selected participants closer to the program start date.

4. Is there a cost to participate in the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program?

No, there is no cost to participate in the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program. The program is fully funded by the Institute, including accommodations, meals, and local transportation. Participants are responsible for their own travel expenses to and from the program.

5. What are the benefits of participating in the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program?

Participating in the Perimeter Institute Summer Physics Program offers many benefits, including the opportunity to learn from leading physicists, gain hands-on experience in physics research, and connect with like-minded peers from around the world. Additionally, participants will receive a certificate of completion and can use their experience to enhance college applications and resumes.