1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help needed for a technical project.

1. Jun 16, 2004 #1
    Ok;
    I have this technical project which requires an exprimental investigation of the frequency responce of the circuit shown below ( checkout the link plz)

http://www.irteens.com/sc/circuit.jpg

I want to know if u were me which equipments would u choose for this investigation?
    and how would u connect them? (a daigram would be great)
    and berief detail of the methalogy for the investigation.

That would be wicked and it would give me some idea to continue on.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2004 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All you'll need is an oscilloscope.

Do a google search for "RC Circuit" and you should find more than enough information about connecting it as well as what's happening when you run it.

4. Jun 17, 2004 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You'll also need a function generator to give you V_i at different frequencies...and of course, the resistor(s) and capacitor(s) to put in.

Specifically calculate the value of 1/(R*C) for the circuit and see how that number is significant in your response graph. Try to understand why this is so ? If you know calculus, you can learn how to analyze this circuit and can then compare your theoretical prediction with the real results.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?