1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help needed for simulink

1. Feb 12, 2015 #1
    < Mentor Note -- thread moved to HH from the technical engineering forums, so no HH Template is shown >

[itex]\frac{d^2 \theta}{dx^2}=-\frac{x}{10}\cos \theta - \frac{9.8}{10}\sin \theta[/itex]

I'm supposed to draw a simulink diagram for this equation and find the response to a unit step function

This is what I did so far but I don't know if its right
    http://postimg.org/image/64mm8rjhv/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2015 #2

donpacino

Gold Member

looks good. typically i like to arrange the block diagram so the input is on the left, but that is just a matter of preference.

4. Feb 12, 2015 #3
    thanks Also, I'm supposed to find the response to a unit pulse function.
    But when I replace the step function with a pulse generator and try running, I get this:
    "Using a default value of 0.2 for maximum step size. The simulation step size will be equal to or less than this value. You can disable this diagnostic by setting 'Automatic solver parameter selection' diagnostic to 'none' in the Diagnostics page of the configuration parameters dialog"

5. Feb 12, 2015 #4

donpacino

Gold Member

is that a warning or an error.
    typically that step size refers to the simulation step size in the solver. Go to simulation;model config parameters and you can change the step sizes. You can also change it from variable to set step sizes, which i typically recommend.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted