Constructing a Rotating Wood Platform for Adults | Easy DIY Guide

• Thread starter harry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, to construct a wood platform that rotates both clockwise and counter-clockwise, it is recommended to use a D.C motor as it can easily reverse the direction of rotation. The platform should be connected to a strong stand using a ball-bearing set and a wheel at the bottom for the motor to connect to. By adjusting the size of the wheel, the speed of rotation can be controlled. A suitable connection with a battery will allow for easy operation from a short distance.
harry
I am trying to construct a wood platform that rotates both clockwise and counter - clockwise. It needs to be able to hold an adult and be propelled by an electric motor that can be operated from a short distance from the platform. It doesn't need to be fancy, I just need it to rotate people at a decent speed. I have some basic ideas about the construction, but don't know what mechanical parts to use. Please help me figure this out.

Physics news on Phys.org
What are your ideas, how much can you spend, and what are your resources for parts?

Hey Harry, hee hee, you faked me out. I happened to pop up your other post and thought that this one never posted. :biggrin: You're not supposed to double post. Tsk tsk tsk...

The best way to it.
the best and the cheapest way to do it is that you should use a D.C motor its advantage over A.C motor, for your project is, by reversing the current you can reverse the direction of the rotation of motor. To construct the platform make a strong stand, and the platformmust be connected to it with a ball-bearing set. at the bottom of the platform fix a wheel on which a belt (to connect motor to platform) can be used. fix the motor on the stand and connectit with the platform using a rubber belt. you can control the RPM of the platform by using a suitable radius of the wheel fixed to the platform, using larger wheel decrease the RPM of the platform. make suitable connection witha thw battery and rotate it any direction you want.

1. How do I find help in constructing my project?

One option is to reach out to your colleagues or peers who have experience in similar projects. You can also seek help from online forums or communities related to your field of study. Additionally, you can consult with a project manager or seek assistance from a professional consulting firm.

2. What factors should I consider when looking for help with my project?

You should consider the expertise and experience of the individuals or companies you are considering for help. It is also important to consider their availability and their track record in completing projects successfully. Additionally, consider the cost and resources required for their assistance.

3. What should I include in a request for help with my project?

Your request should include a clear description of your project, the specific areas where you need help, the timeline for completion, and any other relevant details. It is also helpful to provide information about your budget and resources available for the project.

4. How can I ensure that the help I receive is reliable and high-quality?

One way to ensure reliability and quality is to thoroughly research and vet the individuals or companies offering their assistance. You can also ask for references or previous project examples to gauge their expertise and capabilities. Additionally, setting clear expectations and regular communication can help ensure the help you receive meets your standards.

5. Is it necessary to seek help in constructing my project?

It ultimately depends on the complexity and scope of your project. Seeking help from experienced professionals can save time, resources, and ensure a successful outcome. However, if you have the necessary skills and resources, you may be able to construct the project on your own.