Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help needed on to convert a typical mass damper system to electrical model-Urgent

1. Mar 20, 2007 #1
    hi friends,
    i am a student in NTU singapore. doing a project for my m.sc degree. i need a help in drawing an equivalent electrical model of the spring damper circuit.The circuit consists a pressure source and a mass damper arrangement as a piston. based on the pressure the piston moves down and an opposing damper action moves it up. how to get an euiqvalent electrical model of it. if u guys know any websites regarding this please do suggest me also u r ideas are needed.
    thanks
    krishna

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2007 #2
    Take a look for "Linear Systems" books at your library, or google for "linear systems", here are some interesting sites, here and here last link is about mechanical systems. Good Luck.

P.S typical process of converting some system to another is to write diff. equations that describe the system. Convert to s-domain, since it is easier to compute different characteristics and then use known electrical components construct the equiv.el.system ;)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?