Help Needed : Physics Past Paper - Mark Scheme

In summary, the conversation is about a user named Mark asking for a physics past paper mark scheme for a specific exam. Some responses suggest that this may be for cheating purposes, but others offer helpful advice on where to find the mark scheme or how to get help with the exam. The conversation also touches on the idea of learning and doing the work oneself rather than trying to find shortcuts.
markymark
Hi,

I'm new, hello to you all! I am in need of a physics past paper mark scheme! I need the mark scheme for the PHYSICS (B) ADVANCING PHYSICS OCR AS Level exam Monday 18th June 2001. I need it as quick as possible so any ideas or links would be great!

Many thanks Mark

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, MarkyMark.
Unfortunately, this sounds to me (as a non-academic) that you're trying to cheat. That is not supported here, but I'll refer you to a Mentor for evaluation.

sorry about that, didn't realize! I can't find any so i will buckle down a do it, will also learn a little!

Mark

I'm not sure that past mark schemes are made available to the general public. If you wanted it to check your answers, then you could always ask your teacher if s/he has a copy, or alternatively post your attempts in the homework help forums here, and someone will check over your work for you.

cristo said:
I'm not sure that past mark schemes are made available to the general public.
Unfortunately OCR only release recent mark schemes, the most recent is 2005. To echo what cristo said, we'll be more than happy to have a look at your solutions or help you with any problems.

Welcome to the forums btw :smile:

Hoot, teachers know some students too well, they only set ones that you cannot find on the internet. Personally I think it's pathetic going about it that way, and is just an added job for the teachers.

markymark said:
i will buckle down a do it, will also learn a little!

If you're going to go to all of that trouble anyhow, why not learn a lot? :biggrin:

1. What is the purpose of a mark scheme for a physics past paper?

A mark scheme is a guideline that outlines the criteria for marking a physics exam or test. It provides a clear and consistent way for examiners to assess a student's understanding and application of physics concepts. The mark scheme also helps students understand how their answers will be evaluated and how they can improve their performance in future exams.

2. Can I use a mark scheme to study for a physics exam?

While a mark scheme can be a useful study tool, it is not a substitute for actually learning and understanding the material. It is best to use a mark scheme as a supplement to your regular studying and to check your understanding of concepts.

3. How is a mark scheme created?

A mark scheme is typically created by a team of experienced physics teachers and examiners. They carefully review the exam questions and determine the key concepts and skills that students should demonstrate in their answers. The mark scheme is then refined and reviewed multiple times before being finalized.

4. Is a mark scheme the same for every physics exam?

No, mark schemes are specific to each individual exam. They may vary depending on the level of difficulty of the exam, the format of the questions, and the specific topics covered.

5. Can a mark scheme be changed after an exam has been taken?

No, mark schemes are set before the exam and cannot be changed after the exam has been taken. This ensures fairness and consistency in the marking process for all students who took the exam.