1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help Needed. Various General Physics Problems.

1. May 15, 2008 #1
    Just interested in seeing what peoples answers are to these questions. I am new to the site so this could be considered a test of how well the members of this forums acutally know physics.{I've done this problems and have answers} Interested in seeing which equations you used also.

Problem 1 {Dynamics of Uniform Circular Motion}
    The linear speed(Velocity) of a person riding a ferris wheel is 8.0m/s. What would be this person's linear speed if they were clinging to a spot halfway between the center of the wheel and the outer edge?

Problem 2 {A car rounding a curve}
    A car with mass of 2565kg is rounding a horizontal curve of radius 76m. What is the maximum safe speed the car can maintain around the curve. Where m=0.73(dry road) and m=0.30(wet road)

Problem 3 {Gravitational Forces}
    Calculate the gravitational force of:
    -The sun and the earth
    -The moon and the Earth
    -Which is larger and how many times larger is it?

Earth: mass 5.97*10^24 kg
    Radius 6,380,000 meters
    Moon: mass 7.35 *10^22 kg
    Radius 1,740,000 meters
    Sun: mass 1.99*10^30
    Radius 696,000,000

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi NewtonJR,

I don't think you're being completely honest with us are you?

Furthermore, how do you know that your answers are correct?
  4. May 15, 2008 #3

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

:rofl: Nice try!

How about this: You show your detailed solutions and we'll be happy to comment.

Please review our posting rules, which are linked at the top of every page, and the Homework Help FAQ.
  5. May 15, 2008 #4
    hah thought I'd try. I'll post the answers up in a few hours.:approve:
  6. May 15, 2008 #5
    Posted 2 problems up so far in the Homework, General Physics section. I can't post links because my post count is< 15. :cry:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?