1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Help needed with studying

1. Oct 25, 2011 #1
    Hey guys, need a bit of help.

I want to start studying Astronomy and build it up to a degree. At the moment I am doing a Honors Degree in Web Design...I am doing that as a definite way to make money after I graduate. But my true passion is physics and I want to start studying in any way I can.

Do you guys recommend I start now whilst at Uni and perhaps enroll on some short courses with an Open University? Or should I leave it and try after I graduate in three years? Keeping in mind I am 22 and when I graduate I'll be 25, surely that is too old to start anything physics related?

Mid life crisis at 22 >_< haha

Thank you for any advice

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2011 #2
    Hello CallumBoson,

Is your goal a career in physics or closely related field? If so, then you probably should drop the Web Design degree and go right for physics (I don't know how feasible this if for you though). If you can't do this or if you really want to finish your Web Design degree, then I would say start studying physics now if you feel you have the time to devote to it.

However, if you feel you are too busy right now and would rather wait until you are finished with your current degree then 25 is certainly not too old to start studying physics so there is nothing wrong with waiting the 3 years.

I hope this helps and good luck with your decision.

4. Oct 26, 2011 #3
    That's a lot of help, cheers!

Thanks for the reassurance about not being too old at 25, it is my biggest concern.

5. Nov 2, 2011 #4
    Well I take it that you'd be starting at 22, i.e. *right now.* No?

And 22 certainly isn't too old?

How much math and physics do you already know I wonder? Or is it totally still a foreign field for you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook