1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help on 2 Force questions

1. Nov 8, 2006 #1
    Hey.. i am having problems solving the following question...

2) A 40-kg kangaroo exerts a constant force on the ground in the firs 60 cm of her jump, and rises 2.0 m higher. When she carries a baby kangaroo in her pouch, she cna rise only 1.8 m higher, What is the mass of the baby kangaroo?

I am not interested in the answer so much.. but in the logic of the problems.. i just cant do a free body diagram for them..
    plz help
    ,dan

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2006 #2

radou

Homework Helper

Well, for (1), which forces are acting on the crate? Further on, what does the constant velocity tell you about the forces acting on the body?

4. Nov 8, 2006 #3
    ok 1.. i could solve.. i used the equation of force applied+weight=force of friction, and i found force applied and the direction.
    But im still having trouble wiht 2)

5. Nov 8, 2006 #4
    Well ive been trying to do something like 2y/g=t^2, then V=y/t and then A=v/t, but i guess that is not working, i think ive been seeing it from the wrong angle, but any way i try i cant get the answer :(

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?