How Much K2SO4 Solution is Needed for a Specific Potassium Ion Concentration?

• Thread starter grumpyasian
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, when struggling with a chemistry problem, it is helpful to break it down into smaller steps and identify the concepts or equations needed. To check your answer, use units and significant figures or ask a teacher for confirmation. Tips for solving problems include regular practice, understanding concepts, and having a strong foundation. To improve problem-solving skills, practice regularly and try different approaches. Common mistakes to avoid include not reading carefully, not understanding the given information, and incorrect use of units and significant figures.
grumpyasian

Homework Statement

Want to prepare 450.0 mL of a 145 ppm K + ion solution. density of solution is 1.01 g/mL. solution is .728 M in K2SO4. How many mL of the K2SO4 solution need to use?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

(.728 mol/L K2SO4 )(1.01g/mL)(450.0 mL)

i don't know what to do next...help?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a simple mass conservation.

How much potassium will be present in the final solution?

What volume of the starting solution contains this amount of potassium?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What should I do if I am stuck on a chemistry problem?

If you are struggling with a chemistry problem, try breaking it down into smaller steps and identifying what concepts or equations you need to use. You can also ask a classmate or teacher for help, or consult a chemistry textbook or online resources for guidance.

2. How can I check if my answer to a chemistry problem is correct?

One way to check your answer is by using the units and significant figures to make sure they match the given values and the expected answer. You can also use online calculators or ask a teacher to confirm your solution.

3. What are some tips for solving chemistry problems more effectively?

Some tips for solving chemistry problems include practicing regularly, understanding the underlying concepts, and making sure you have a solid foundation in the basics. It is also helpful to read the problem carefully and identify the given information, and to double-check your work before submitting your answer.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in chemistry?

To improve your problem-solving skills in chemistry, it is important to practice regularly and seek help when needed. You can also try to approach problems from different angles and use different problem-solving techniques, such as working backwards or drawing diagrams.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving chemistry problems?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving chemistry problems include not reading the problem carefully, not understanding the given information, and not checking your work. It is also important to use the correct units and significant figures, and to avoid rounding too early in the problem.