Help on DC TachoGenerator: Troubleshooting High/Low Voltage Issues

In summary, a DC TachoGenerator is an electric motor that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy for speed and position sensing applications. Possible causes of high/low voltage issues in this type of motor include damaged or worn brushes, faulty wiring, incorrect voltage input, and malfunctioning control circuitry. To troubleshoot these issues, one should check the voltage input, inspect the brushes and wiring, and test the control circuitry if necessary. In most cases, high/low voltage issues can be fixed by replacing damaged components, but if the control circuitry is malfunctioning, professional repair may be needed. To prevent these issues, regular maintenance and proper usage guidelines should be followed.
dimitrive
Hi
I need a help. I do have a DC TachoGenerator whereby i can measure the DC voltage if the shaft rotates.
The problem is:
When I rotate the shaft at CW, I got a fixed plus voltage.But when i rotate to CCW, the voltage is minus but slowly later it decrease to zero. (even the shaft still rotating)
Why?

Attachments

• 00191.png
    00191.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 418
Engineering news on Phys.org
well its either the one or the other, the generator or the voltage indicator, thry the indicator on a electric motor.

Do you know how the "tachogenerator" is constructed? Have you looked at its output with an oscilloscope?

What is a DC TachoGenerator?

A DC TachoGenerator is a type of electric motor that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy, typically used in speed and position sensing applications.

What are some possible causes of high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator?

Possible causes of high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator include damaged or worn brushes, faulty wiring, incorrect voltage input, and malfunctioning control circuitry.

How can I troubleshoot high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator?

To troubleshoot high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator, start by checking the voltage input and ensuring it is within the recommended range. Next, inspect the brushes and wiring for any damage or wear. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to test the control circuitry for malfunctions.

Can high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator be fixed?

In most cases, high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator can be fixed by replacing damaged or worn components, such as brushes or wiring. However, if the control circuitry is malfunctioning, it may need to be repaired or replaced by a professional.

How can I prevent high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator?

To prevent high/low voltage issues in a DC TachoGenerator, regularly inspect and maintain the motor, including cleaning and replacing brushes as needed. It is also important to use the correct voltage input and follow recommended usage guidelines.