Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered

• Thread starter dyandel3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the purpose of "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" is to provide assistance and guidance to students who are struggling with their homework assignments. It can benefit students of all ages and academic levels and works by providing answers to two specific homework questions. It is not a cheating tool and can be accessed through various platforms.
dyandel3
I have two question i can't figure out and need help.

1. how much force must be applied to accelerate a 10,000 kg space shuttle to counter the Earth's gravitational acceleration of 9.8 m/s2?

2. if your car goes from 0 to 55 miles per hour in 6 seconds, what is your acceleration?

Physics news on Phys.org
I moved this post to the proper forum.

To get help, show us what you've done so far.

I would be happy to help you with these questions. For the first question, we can use the formula F=ma, where F is the force, m is the mass, and a is the acceleration. In this case, we know the mass of the space shuttle (10,000 kg) and the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s2). Plugging these values into the formula, we get F=10,000 kg x 9.8 m/s2 = 98,000 N. Therefore, a force of 98,000 Newtons must be applied to accelerate the space shuttle to counter the Earth's gravitational acceleration.

For the second question, we can use the formula a=(vf-vi)/t, where a is the acceleration, vf is the final velocity, vi is the initial velocity, and t is the time taken. In this case, we know that the initial velocity is 0 miles per hour, the final velocity is 55 miles per hour, and the time taken is 6 seconds. Converting the units to meters per second, we get vi=0 miles per hour x 0.44704 m/s/mi = 0 m/s and vf=55 miles per hour x 0.44704 m/s/mi = 24.5872 m/s. Plugging these values into the formula, we get a=(24.5872 m/s - 0 m/s)/6 s = 4.09786 m/s2. Therefore, the acceleration of your car is 4.09786 meters per second squared. I hope this helps you understand these concepts better. Remember, if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your homework!

1. What is the purpose of "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered"?

The purpose of "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" is to provide assistance and guidance to students who are struggling with their homework assignments.

2. Who can benefit from "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered"?

"Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" can benefit students of all ages and academic levels who are seeking help with their homework assignments.

3. How does "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" work?

"Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" works by providing answers to two specific homework questions that the student is struggling with. The answers are provided by a team of experts in various subjects.

4. Is "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" a cheating tool?

No, "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" is not a cheating tool. It is meant to assist students in understanding and completing their homework assignments, not to provide them with completed work to submit as their own.

5. How can I access "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered"?

You can access "Help on Homework - 2 Questions Answered" by visiting the website or app where it is available. Some schools may also have a designated platform for students to access this type of homework help.