1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help on: Net Force acting on Point

1. Sep 30, 2009 #1
    Hello guys,

I just need help understanding this question for my introductory physics class...my friend gave me the answer but im not really sure i trust him or beleive in his logic he used to figure it out...please help i attached the drawing so yall can see it!!

all it states is: what is the net force acting on the point....with the following answers

a. north with a force greater than 40N
    b. south with a force greater than 40 N
    c.north with a force less than 40 N
    d. south with a force less than 40N

thank you so much~
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

• 1.doc
      1.doc
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2009 #2
    your attachment is not working

4. Sep 30, 2009 #3
    I think it's still pending approval...so if u can come back later and look at it..I would really appreciate it :)

5. Oct 1, 2009 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What do you think so far. This is basically all to do with resolving components of forces. Have you come across that before?

6. Oct 4, 2009 #5
    Well at first i was planning to add the the vectors to get the resultant force but i noticed it was at a 90 degree angle and didnt know if i was allowed to....but i know for sure the force will be north but as far as less or more im still a little stumped.....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook