Where Can I Find Detailed Ping Pong Physics Simulations Online?

• Thread starter pmbasa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simulation
In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for resources and information on ping pong physics simulations for their research. They are specifically interested in the collision detection and modeling, programming languages used, graphics API for rendering, and other physics aspects. Another person offers some helpful links, including one from physorg.com and NASA's Curveball program. The person also mentions their own plan to create a simulation where the user inputs initial values and the program simulates the path of the ball in 3D graphics.
pmbasa
im currently looking for ping pong physics simulation in the web for my research.. i can't seem to find any which are useful..

im lookin for those that includes how the collision detection and modeling was handled, prog lang used, and graphics API for rendering(most i see are OpenGL), and the other physics stuff.. hope u can give me links or anythin, or any facts about ping pong physics simulations.. thnx guys.. very mch appreciated..

Technology news on Phys.org
thanks a lot zyh, that was a real lot of help.. my research is only small scale..

i was planning to make a simulation in which the user inputs the initail values (speed, spin, position of the ball).. then the program simulates the path of the ball in 3d graphics.. i was wonderin if there are other stuff out there which are like mine..

thanks again!

1. What is a ping pong simulation?

A ping pong simulation is a computer program that replicates the game of ping pong, allowing users to play against a virtual opponent or against each other.

2. How does a ping pong simulation work?

A ping pong simulation uses algorithms and physics engines to calculate the trajectory and movement of the ping pong ball, as well as the paddle movements of the players. It also incorporates user inputs and reactions to create a realistic gameplay experience.

3. What are the benefits of using a ping pong simulation?

A ping pong simulation can improve hand-eye coordination, reaction time, and strategic thinking skills. It also allows for convenient and safe practice of the game without the need for a physical table or equipment.

4. Are there any differences between a ping pong simulation and a real game?

While a ping pong simulation aims to replicate the game as closely as possible, there may be slight differences in physics and gameplay. Additionally, the physical sensations and movements of playing on a real table may not be fully replicated in a simulation.

5. How can I find a good ping pong simulation?

There are many ping pong simulations available online or for download. It is best to read reviews and try out different options to find one that suits your preferences and skill level.