Learn Basics of Astable & Bistable Circuits + Star Formation & Death

• Thread starter DeathKnight
  • Start date
In summary: AZING! I had no idea there was a way to generate a continuous square wave without a microcontroller.In summary, the person is looking for links to resources that provide an introduction to astable and bistable circuits with basic applications. They have already tried searching on Google but found the information too complicated. They also mention needing links on theories about star formation and the death of stars. They express gratitude in advance for any help provided.
DeathKnight
Astable and bistable have been recently added in our syllabus. As a result it’s not in my textbook. My teacher did give a lecture on it but unfortunately I didn’t get a single thing...
Can you guys please give a link to some site(s) which give(s) a good introduction to the Astable and bistable circuits with some basic applications? I've already tried google but most of the pages there are too complicated for me to understand. I also need some good links which have introduction to the theories on star formation and the death of stars.
Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can offer. :smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
DeathKnight said:
Astable and bistable have been recently added in our syllabus. As a result it’s not in my textbook. My teacher did give a lecture on it but unfortunately I didn’t get a single thing...
Can you guys please give a link to some site(s) which give(s) a good introduction to the Astable and bistable circuits with some basic applications? I've already tried google but most of the pages there are too complicated for me to understand.
It looks to me like an astable circuit is continuously oscillating. A bistable circuit can be in one of two states but can stay in either one for an indefinite time (flip-flop circuit). See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivibrator

AM

Hi there, thank you for reaching out for help with understanding astable and bistable circuits, as well as star formation and death. I can definitely provide some resources to help you better understand these topics.

For astable and bistable circuits, I recommend checking out the following links:

1. "Introduction to Astable and Bistable Multivibrators" from Electronics Hub: https://www.electronicshub.org/introduction-to-astable-and-bistable-multivibrators/

2. "Astable and Bistable Multivibrator Circuits" from Electronics Tutorials: https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/waveforms/astable.html

Both of these resources provide clear explanations and diagrams to help you understand the basic concepts and applications of astable and bistable circuits.

As for star formation and death, here are a few links to get you started:

1. "Star Formation" from NASA: https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/nasa-knows/what-is-star-formation-58.html

2. "The Life and Death of Stars" from Space.com: https://www.space.com/22280-life-and-death-of-stars.html

These resources provide a good overview of the theories and processes involved in star formation and death. I also recommend checking out some books or articles from your local library to dive deeper into these topics.

I hope these resources help you better understand astable and bistable circuits, as well as star formation and death. Don't hesitate to ask your teacher or classmates for additional help and clarification. Good luck!

1. What is an astable circuit?

An astable circuit is an electronic circuit that does not have a stable state and continuously switches between two states. It is also known as a free-running multivibrator.

2. What is a bistable circuit?

A bistable circuit, also known as a flip-flop, is an electronic circuit that has two stable states and can be switched between them by applying external signals. It is commonly used in memory and digital logic circuits.

3. How do astable and bistable circuits work?

Astable circuits work by using capacitors and resistors to create a continuous oscillation between two states. Bistable circuits use feedback from the output to maintain one of two stable states, and an external signal can cause a transition between the two states.

4. What is star formation and death?

Star formation is the process by which gas and dust in a molecular cloud collapse and form a new star. Star death, also known as stellar death, is the process by which a star runs out of fuel and ceases to produce energy, eventually leading to its collapse and potentially resulting in a supernova.

5. How are astable and bistable circuits related to star formation and death?

Astable and bistable circuits are used in electronic devices to simulate the behaviors of astrophysical systems, such as star formation and death. They can also be used to model the oscillations and feedback mechanisms that occur in these natural processes.