• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

HELP! Power problem

• Thread starter bandgeek27
  • Start date
A 1100 kg object is pulled across a horizontal surface at a constant velocity of 5 m/s. What is the power generated by this force? (Picture includes object being pulled at a 37 degree angle above the horizontal with a Force of 122 N)

Answers and Replies

PhanthomJay
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Bangdeek27, welcome to PF!. Please read the forum rules and follow the format listed when you post. Homework helpers will not assist with any questions until you've shown your own effort on the problem. Remember, we help with homework, we don't do your homework. Please list what you believe are the relevant equations and show some attempt at a solution. Thanks.

Well I thought that power just = force x velocity, so (122)(5) = 610 watts. However I really don't think its that simple. I don't understand how to do any free body diagrams for this problem, though I feel they are needed.

Well I thought that power just = force x velocity, so (122)(5) = 610 watts. However I really don't think its that simple. I don't understand how to do any free body diagrams for this problem, though I feel they are needed.

Uhe formula for work: W = Fdcos37*, solve for d by assuming that the mass starts from rest.