Solve for 'W': Equation Rearranger Online Help

• B
  • Thread starter kieyard
  • Start date
In summary, the person was stuck on a problem for over an hour and decided to use an equation rearranger online. However, instead of getting a numerical value for 'W', they were given the Lambert W function. This function is not a proper solution to the problem and there is no analytical way to evaluate it in general. WolframAlpha should have provided a link to the function definition.
kieyard
Hi guys, Iv been stuck on this for well over an hour now, so I decided to use a equation rearranger online. However it gave me this, I just wanted to know what the value of 'W' is and how they got to that answer. Thanks in advance.
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1469187657.046383.jpg

Mathematics news on Phys.org
It is not a value, it is the Lambert W function. It is not a proper solution to the problem (there is no proper solution) - the function is defined to have the solution to a similar problem as its value, but there is no analytic way to evaluate it in general.

WolframAlpha should have included a link to the function definition.

What is "Solve for 'W': Equation Rearranger Online Help"?

"Solve for 'W': Equation Rearranger Online Help" is an online tool that helps users rearrange equations and solve for a specific variable, in this case, 'W'.

How does "Solve for 'W': Equation Rearranger Online Help" work?

The tool uses algebraic principles to rearrange equations and isolate the variable 'W' on one side. Users can input their equations and the tool will show the step-by-step process of rearranging and solving for 'W'.

Is "Solve for 'W': Equation Rearranger Online Help" free to use?

Yes, the tool is completely free to use. Users do not need to provide any personal information or create an account to use it.

Can I use "Solve for 'W': Equation Rearranger Online Help" for any type of equation?

Yes, the tool is designed to work with a variety of equations, including linear, quadratic, and exponential equations. However, it may not work for every single type of equation.

Is "Solve for 'W': Equation Rearranger Online Help" accurate?

The tool uses standard algebraic principles and follows the order of operations, so it should provide accurate solutions. However, it is always a good idea to double-check your work and use multiple resources when solving equations.