1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help S.V.P?

1. Jul 28, 2004 #1
    Bonjour my friends:

To state my problem in short: My computer shuts down suddenly

Explaination: I have this problem occuring several times a year ago. I thought it was some sort of virus or worm that causes which I couldn't find this thing. I formatted my computer and guess what it didn't happen again. But with months passing and with no effective protection program, my computer was invaded by nasty trojans and spywares and I couldn't solve this problem with regular anti spyware programs. The problem of shutting down suddenly resurfaced again. I formatted the harddrive and everything works fine but my compture still and with no warning shuts down. This problem is happening more frequently now and I found no reason for that.

Could this be a hardware problem? Or is it some software problem?

I appreciate those who will help out.

Poirot.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Did you patch your system? Are you running a firewall? It may simply be the sasser worm crashing your computer remotely.

4. Jul 30, 2004 #3
    Thanks Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?