Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HELP Technical Phone Interview Coming Up

1. Jan 12, 2013 #1
    I have a phone interview coming up and from the tidbits selected from the job description what should I focus on brushing up on.

 BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical
    Engineering. Minimum 5 years of experience required. A MS or higher degree in above
    disciplines is preferred, and minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.

 Minimum 3 years of experience in engineering, integration, operation, test, and/or technical support of large complex systems required.

 Experiences with non-linear control system design and implementation is preferred.

 Knowledge and experiences in optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred.

 Experiences with vacuum system a plus.

 Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus

For the optics I'm thinking I should focus on the quantum aspects of light not the physics stuff. I have no idea about vacuum systems. And what non-linear control questions can even be asked over the phone?

What do you guys think

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted