Find "Terry Loucks' Augmented Plane Wave Method" Book

• Thread starter kaltarrr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, "Augmented Plane Wave Method: A Guide to Performing Electronic Structure Calculations" by Terry Loucks is a highly sought-after book. It is available for purchase on various websites, such as www.abebooks.com and www.amazon.com. It may also be available at university book stores, though it is currently out of print.
kaltarrr
Terry Loucks. Augmented Plane Wave Method: A Guide to Performing Electronic Structure Calculations. W. A. Benjamin Inc., New York, 1967.

I need this book very much. Does somebody know, where I can find it?
Or some else good books about APW Method?

Physics news on Phys.org
Most universities have a university book store. If they don't have a copy they can usually get you one. That would be an alternative source for the book.

I suspect it's out of print. But used copies are available. (www.amazon.com has a few copies.)

http://www.alibris.co.uk/booksearch?title=A+Guide+to+Performing+Electronic+Structure+Calculations

Doc Al said:
I suspect it's out of print. But used copies are available. (www.amazon.com has a few copies.)

Well there's a crimp in an otherwise fine idea!

Thank you.

1. What is "Terry Loucks' Augmented Plane Wave Method" Book?

"Terry Loucks' Augmented Plane Wave Method" is a book that explains a theoretical method used in material science and computational chemistry to study electronic structure and properties of materials.

2. Who is Terry Loucks?

Terry Loucks is a renowned scientist and professor who first proposed the Augmented Plane Wave Method in 1970. He is currently a professor emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley.

3. What is the significance of the Augmented Plane Wave Method?

The Augmented Plane Wave Method is a powerful theoretical tool that allows for accurate and efficient calculations of electronic structure and properties of materials. It has been widely used in the field of material science and has contributed significantly to our understanding of various materials.

4. Is "Terry Loucks' Augmented Plane Wave Method" Book suitable for beginners?

No, "Terry Loucks' Augmented Plane Wave Method" Book is a highly technical and advanced book that is intended for researchers and scientists in the field of material science and computational chemistry. It requires a solid understanding of quantum mechanics and electronic structure theory.

5. Where can I find "Terry Loucks' Augmented Plane Wave Method" Book?

"Terry Loucks' Augmented Plane Wave Method" Book can be found in most major libraries and can also be purchased online through various booksellers. It is also available as an e-book for those who prefer digital copies.