What topics are covered in this mathematics exam sample test?

• Thread starter payot
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a person seeking help in identifying the topics covered in a sample mathematics exam. They express difficulty in remembering high school mathematics and ask for suggestions on how to prepare for the upcoming exam. The conversation also includes a discussion on the importance of studying the textbook and whether Khan Academy's algebra learning videos can cover all the topics on the sample test.
payot

Homework Statement

Hello All,

I have to take a mathematics exam next month, but I've forgotten most mathematics topics that I learned in my high school. Below is samples exam test :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6457409/sampletest.pdf
Would you please do me a favor and tell me what's the name of the topics that questioned in PDF file? because it can help me a lot to find and research about them on the internet

Thank You

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums :smile:
Don't you have your textbook? You can't expect the same questions to come in every test. You should be able to answer any question related to the topic you studied. Only then will it be called studying for an exam. I strongly recommend you to learn your textbook first. And then solve questions.

adjacent said:
Don't you have your textbook? You can't expect the same questions to come in every test.

Thanks for your reply, the examiner has told me the real exam questions (topic) is the same as in sample test file.

Thank You.

payot said:
Thanks for your reply, the examiner has told me the real exam questions (topic) is the same as in sample test file.
Real exam Questions or real exam topics? They are different.

Likes 1 person
adjacent said:
Real exam Questions or real exam topics? They are different.

Thanks for your reply. actually, the real exam topic,
sorry for my mistake

The basic "topic" here is "algebra"- solving equations.

HallsofIvy said:
The basic "topic" here is "algebra"- solving equations.

Thanks for your reply, would you please do me a favor and tell me what's your opinion regarding khanacademy's algebra learning videos? do you think it can cover all the topics on that sample test?

Thank You

any recommendation? please :(

1. What is the purpose of "Help to identify question"?

The purpose of "Help to identify question" is to assist individuals in determining the specific topic or issue they want to ask about. It helps to narrow down the focus and create a clear and concise question.

2. How does "Help to identify question" work?

"Help to identify question" works by providing a series of prompts and questions to guide the individual in clarifying their thoughts and identifying the key elements of their question. It also encourages critical thinking and helps to eliminate any unnecessary information.

3. Can anyone use "Help to identify question"?

Yes, anyone can use "Help to identify question" as long as they have a question or topic in mind. It is especially helpful for individuals who struggle with formulating a clear and specific question.

4. Is "Help to identify question" only for scientific questions?

No, "Help to identify question" can be used for any type of question, not just scientific ones. It can be applied to questions related to any subject or topic, such as history, literature, or personal inquiries.

5. How can "Help to identify question" benefit the research process?

"Help to identify question" can benefit the research process by ensuring that the individual has a clearly defined and focused question to guide their research. This can save time and effort by preventing the individual from going down irrelevant paths or conducting research on a broad, unfocused topic.