Help to solve this please ? integer problem

• Thread starter mhill
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integer
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of time management and productivity. The participants discussed various strategies and tips for effectively managing time, including setting priorities, avoiding distractions, and delegating tasks. They also emphasized the importance of taking breaks and finding a balance between work and personal life. Overall, the conversation highlighted the key factors that contribute to successful time management and productivity.
mhill
we must obtain 'N' and a(i) i=1,2,3,....,N on condition that

the product [tex] a(1)a(2)a(3)...a(N) [/tex] is the highest possible

[tex] a(1)+a(2)+a(3)+...+a(N)=73 [/tex]

every a(i) is positive

here N (this is the hardest part) is not known and must be calculated

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, since [itex]3^{1/3}>2^{1/2}=4^{1/4}[/itex], I'd suggest using as many 3s as will fit, making the rest a 2 or 4. In this case twenty three 3s and one 4 would seem to be the best. Now just check my work and make sure I didn't miss something silly.

What is an integer problem?

An integer problem is a type of mathematical problem that involves finding a solution using only whole numbers (positive, negative, or zero). It can be solved using various techniques such as algebra, logic, or trial and error.

How do I know if a problem is an integer problem?

An integer problem can be identified by looking at the numbers involved in the problem. If the problem only involves whole numbers and does not involve any fractions or decimals, it is likely an integer problem.

What strategies can be used to solve an integer problem?

Some common strategies for solving integer problems include using algebraic equations, using logic and reasoning, breaking the problem down into smaller parts, and trying different combinations of numbers until a solution is found.

Can an integer problem have more than one solution?

Yes, an integer problem can have multiple solutions. In some cases, there may be an infinite number of solutions. It all depends on the specific problem and the constraints given.

Are there any online resources or tools available to help solve integer problems?

Yes, there are many online resources and tools available to help solve integer problems. Some popular options include online calculators, math problem-solving websites, and math forums where you can ask for help and guidance from experts and peers.