1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help visualizing this problem O.o Heat Prob

1. Apr 20, 2005 #1
    Many hot-water heating systems have a reservoir tank connected directly to the pipeline, so as to allow for expansion when the water becomes hot. The heating system of a house has 52.1 m of copper pipe whose inside radius is 9.15 x 10- 3 m. When the water and pipe are heated from 24.9 to 65.4 °C, what must be the minimum volume of the reservoir tank to hold the overflow of water?

My prob: I know the 52.1m of copper pipe and the radius should give me a volume somehow so then i can solve the problem but i got no idea what this looks like :(

Doing this on stupid egrade thing from wiley... i already messed up one problem for hurrying (got the right answer after submitting the incorrect one :( ) so i cant mess this one up... any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted