1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with 3 input AND gate

1. Apr 3, 2008 #1
    Okay, so Im trying to use the breadboard and I have a hard time with a three input AND gate. Guess I can do a schematic

http://imageiso.com/out.php/i17298_3inputandgate.JPG

So in my bread board, I have pins 1 and 2 as inputs..with pin 3 as a LED (output), and I have a jumper connecting pins 3 and 4 cause the result of the first and gate determines if the second AND Gates lights the LED..and I have pin 5 as the input..and pin 6 in another LED..now I connected pin 7 to the ground and pin 14 to +5V..this is the problem: the first and gate works..first LED (on pin3) lights up, but the second one doesnt

I tested everything and I reconnected it to my breadboard..sorry I dont have a picture of it so Im curious why the second one wont light up..Any ideas guys?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2008 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So... do you have pins 1, 2, and 5 all tied high?

- Warren

4. Apr 3, 2008 #3
    yes i did that..its all on high..like on the +ve line..where pin 14 is connect to +5..and i have another wire connected to the power source..well the first led works

and I tried another LED..so I really dont know what Im doing wrong

5. Apr 3, 2008 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How exactly have you connected pin 3 to both an LED and to pin 4?

- Warren

6. Apr 5, 2008 #5
    nvm i fixed it.apparantly i think i broke the circuit when i added an extra input to pin 4..i just removed that wire and it worked..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?