Help with a French lyrics

• Thread starter Omid
  • Start date
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Omid said:
I think you know Persian, don't you? By any chance.
I have several Iranian girlfriends at my job who try to teach me the language in little bits. We actually have our own weird Farsi-English shorthand that is developing. For instance, my friend sent me an email today about someone who had put in an urgent request for my help and she titled the message "FYI!" which is short for "For Your Information!", and I responded "Kentucky Krispy Chicken!" which is our slang for "KKC!", which in turn, is our acronym for "Khob keh chi!"(sp?) :rofl: The guy who put in the request is a real pain in the behind so we were having some fun. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
I have several Iranian girlfriends at my job who try to teach me the language in little bits. We actually have our own weird Farsi-English shorthand that is developing. For instance, my friend sent me an email today about someone who had put in an urgent request for my help and she titled the message "FYI!" which is short for "For Your Information!", and I responded "Kentucky Krispy Chicken!" which is our slang for "KKC!", which in turn, is our acronym for "Khob keh chi!"(sp?) :rofl: The guy who put in the request is a real pain in the behind so we were having some fun. :biggrin:

:cool: :cool:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I can't wait until I am done with my French class so I can really concentrate on learning Farsi. I think the writing is so beautiful. I'm very excited about learning that. I am told that it is not as hard as it looks - that it is essentially phonetic.

Math Is Hard said:
I can't wait until I am done with my French class so I can really concentrate on learning Farsi. I think the writing is so beautiful. I'm very excited about learning that. I am told that it is not as hard as it looks - that it is essentially phonetic.
Very happy to hear that.
Yeah, I don't think it's hard to learn. And the important point is that in Persian there's not that much difficulty about spelling as you see in English.