Troubleshooting Adobe Flash Player Issues on Windows 7 with IE10

• Thread starter Yayfordoritos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flash
In summary, the person's issue is that they have tried to watch a video or look at an article that has a video with it, and it always says that they do not have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed. They have tried to download the new version of Adobe Flash Player, but it always fails. They have also tried to uninstall and then reinstall Adobe Flash Player. Finally, when they are able to successfully watch a video, the video has pink boxes and pink dots like stuff on the screen.
Yayfordoritos
Whenever I go to try and watch a video or look at an article that has a video with it, it always says you do not have the latest version of adobe flashplayer installed. So then I follow the instructions and download the new version, and it works for about 10 minutes and then quits working. I've tried doing it about 30 times now, and it still won't take. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. Also when I'm able to actually get the flashplayer to work the video's have all these pink boxes and pink dot like stuff. Any help would be great!

Computer science news on Phys.org

There are two latest versions of Adobe Flash Player 11, Active X and Plug in. Their usages depend on which browser you are using.

Google chrome.

Simple solution, you may find it quite strange as it has nothing to do with flash at all haha.

Download updated drivers for your video card/onboard drivers.

For Nvidia navigate to: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
For AMD navigate to: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx (you may need to activate ActiveX)
For Intel(onboard) navigate to: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Source- I have had friends with similar issues, getting extremely frustrated. Originally took me and a friend about 6 hours to fix another friends computer.

Basically his issue was it would work for a while and then black screen or nothing would appear along with pink artifacts(display errors) in videos when going full screen. Turned out to be issues with an old driver not being compatible with a newer version of flash.

if none of the above helps you download an eariler version of flash, i know it goes against what it says on every website in terms of "you need the latest version of flash player installed" but in the past it has worked, most likely it is your graphics drivers as sound keeps playing but you lose video.

I have gone onto assume a few things for this solution but i am sure it will fix your issues, happy camping.

Thanks r4z0r84. I'll try this out. How do I know what onboard driver I have?

download GPU-Z
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2173f/GPU-Z.0.6.5.exe
it will tell you exactly what graphics card you have in your computer
also shows a lot of helpful diagnostic information if your interested at a later date,

alternatively you can find out via right clicking on your desktop, selecting Screen resolution

clicking advanced settings(bottom right)

up the top it should show adaptor type, Intel/nvidia/amd

i have attached a picture to guide you for the manual way (that does not require GPU-Z)

Attachments

• Graphics.jpg
    Graphics.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 661

If you are running windows XP, right click desktop, Properties, screen resolution tab, adaptor settings, and you should see the same as above, this is if my memory serves me correctly haha, either way updating your graphics drivers can't hurt but i am 99% sure this will fix your issues.

Same exact problem ; I've installed flashplayer 11 at least eleven times.

Particularly frustrating is it used to work fine.

windows 7, ie10

typical Microsoft dysfunctionality , wish I could afford apple.

1. What is Adobe Flash Player and why do I need it?

Adobe Flash Player is a software application that allows you to view multimedia content, such as animations, videos, and games, on the internet. It is necessary to have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer in order to access and interact with these types of content.

2. How do I download and install Adobe Flash Player?

You can download and install Adobe Flash Player for free from the official Adobe website. Simply go to the website, click on the "Download" button, and follow the prompts to install the software on your computer.

3. Why is Adobe Flash Player not working on my browser?

There could be several reasons why Adobe Flash Player is not working on your browser. First, make sure that you have the latest version of the software installed. If you do, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, as this can sometimes resolve issues with Flash Player. If the problem persists, it could be due to compatibility issues with your browser or operating system.

4. Is Adobe Flash Player safe to use?

Adobe Flash Player has had some security issues in the past, but the developers regularly release updates to address these concerns. It is generally safe to use as long as you have the latest version installed and keep it updated.

5. Can I use Adobe Flash Player on my mobile device?

Adobe Flash Player is no longer supported on mobile devices, as most mobile browsers do not support Flash content. However, there are alternative solutions available for viewing Flash content on mobile devices, such as using a third-party browser or downloading a Flash player app.