What is the term for averaged values in segmented distances?

In summary, the speaker is seeking a term to use in a publication and is explaining their process of collecting and computing average values for four segments of a force signal on a moving vehicle. They ask if "distance-segmented mean values" is an appropriate term and suggest using a shorter label for a plot.
serbring
Hi all,

I need a help for a term that it wil be used in a publication.

I have a force signal collect on a moving vehicle. I have framed it into 4 segments (i.e. s1, s2, s3 and s4) where the width of the segments is 100 m. The signal is time sampled, the vehicle speed is variable and therefore the temporal width of each segment may vary among the different segments.

For each segment I computed the average value and therefore I obtain 4 different values (i.e. sm1, sm2, sm3 and sm4). Is it correct to use the term "distance-segmented mean values" as a general term for sm1, sm2, sm3 and sm4? I need a kind of short form for the y-label of a plot.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
mean value!

serbring said:
Hi all,

I need a help for a term that it wil be used in a publication.

I have a force signal collect on a moving vehicle. I have framed it into 4 segments (i.e. s1, s2, s3 and s4) where the width of the segments is 100 m. The signal is time sampled, the vehicle speed is variable and therefore the temporal width of each segment may vary among the different segments.

For each segment I computed the average value and therefore I obtain 4 different values (i.e. sm1, sm2, sm3 and sm4). Is it correct to use the term "distance-segmented mean values" as a general term for sm1, sm2, sm3 and sm4? I need a kind of short form for the y-label of a plot.

Thanks

It's OK with me.

But I think the shorter the label for the x/y axis, the better it looks. More details for explaining what it is can be summarized in the Figure #: that usually goes with the plotted image.

Thank you so much!

1. What is the definition of the term?

The definition of the term is the specific meaning or interpretation of a word or phrase. It can be found in a dictionary or through research.

2. How do I use the term correctly in a sentence?

The correct usage of a term depends on the context and the intended meaning. It is important to understand the definition and use it in a way that accurately conveys your intended message.

3. Can you provide an example sentence using the term?

Yes, for example, the term "benevolent" means well-meaning and kind. An example sentence would be "The benevolent neighbor always helps out his elderly neighbors."

4. Are there any synonyms or related terms for this term?

Yes, there are often synonyms or related terms for a specific term. These can be found through a thesaurus or by looking up the term in different contexts to see how it is used.

5. Is there a difference between the term and a similar term?

Yes, there can be subtle differences between terms that have similar meanings. It is important to carefully consider the context and usage of each term in order to understand any distinctions.