1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with assignment in C

1. Jan 25, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The assignment is to compute the motion of a pendulum in C. The relevant information is listed in this document: http://home.orange.nl/~kuip3148/pendulum.c
    It says which values to use for the variables, the relevant equations and has the value of NSTEPS, DT and PRINTEVERY. I have a step by step guide to solving this problem as well in Mathematica:

3. The attempt at a solution

The first thing I need to do is make a loop that runs NSTEPS times. Given my total lack of C knowledge, I run into a problem straight away. How can I make such a loop?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2009 #2
    I suggest you get a beginner's book to learning C to get the step by step basics. At the same time, you may want to install a c-compiler on your computer, such as Dev-C++, Borland, or Visual Studio express, they are all free and available from Bloodshed, Borland or Microsoft respectively.
    Here is the help you asked for, and hope that helps.

int i;
    .... (define NSTEPS and other variables)

... your code here
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?