Analyzing Bill Nye's Quote on Evolution and Education: Insights from Undeniable

• Thread starter Prof. Hawking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biology
In summary, the conversation revolves around a student seeking help with analyzing a quote from Bill Nye's book that tackles the issue of evolution being suppressed or doubted in education. The student is looking for ideas on how to analyze the quote in terms of its significance for theme, language, illustration of character, humor, etc.
Prof. Hawking
I'm sorry for posting this here as it is only partially science related but I tried yahoo answers already and received no help due to the science related material in it. I have an assignment is for both biology and english this year (my school like to make commbination assignments for whatever classes you might take at the same time).

I have to analyze this quote (amoong others) from Bill Nye's book Undeniable: The Science of Evolution and Creation. I'm supposed to write a single paragraph analyzing why it is significant for theme, language, illustration of character, humor, etc.

"Many people who are troubled by evolution want to suppress teaching the whole concept of descent though natural selection in schools. Others try to push it aside or dilute it by casting doubt on the established science that supports it. State education standards allow the teaching of fictitious alternatives to evolution in Texas, Louisiana, and Tennessee."

I know this isn't really science homework I need help with but someone please help just give me some ideas, I did all the other quotes but I'm stuck on this one. Please don't take my question down.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Prof. Hawking said:
is significant for theme, language, illustration of character, humor, etc.

Prof. Hawking said:
"Many people who are troubled by evolution want to suppress teaching the whole concept of descent though natural selection in schools. Others try to push it aside or dilute it by casting doubt on the established science that supports it. State education standards allow the teaching of fictitious alternatives to evolution in Texas, Louisiana, and Tennessee."
Is there a significant "theme" in the quotation?

What is the importance of biology quotes?

Biology quotes can provide inspiration, insight, and motivation to those studying or working in the field of biology. They can also serve as a way to communicate complex ideas and theories in a concise and memorable way.

Where can I find biology quotes?

Biology quotes can be found in various sources such as textbooks, scientific articles, speeches, and interviews with prominent biologists. They can also be found on websites and social media accounts dedicated to biology and science.

How can I use biology quotes in my work?

Biology quotes can be used to support an argument, add credibility to a presentation, or serve as a starting point for further research. They can also be used as a source of inspiration for scientific writing or as a way to engage and educate others about biology.

Can I use biology quotes in my own work without permission?

It is generally considered acceptable to use short quotations from others' work as long as they are properly cited and credited. However, it is always best to obtain permission from the original author or source if possible.

Are there any famous biology quotes?

Yes, there are many famous biology quotes from influential scientists such as Charles Darwin, Jane Goodall, and Gregor Mendel. Some examples include "Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution" and "The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them."