1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HELP WITH CONVERTING FORMULAS

1. Oct 6, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Someone I am stuck and need help solving a questions in formulas for x-rays. Converting 300 ma, .016 14cam 94kvp and a 6:1 grid to 18cm and T.T

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2007 #2

learningphysics

Homework Helper

Hi Lgx. I'm not understanding the problem... can you explain it further? You need to convert 300mA (milli - amps?)... what do you need to convert it to?

4. Oct 6, 2007 #3
    Hello, My question is converting 30mAs with a 8:1 grid ration to a 16:1 grid

5. Oct 6, 2007 #4
    The grid ratios is 8:1 which is 4 for number of lead strips and I am changing to 16:1 which that is also in number of lead strips is 6. I will need to convert 30mAs with a 8:1 grid (4) and change it to a 16:1 (6) grid. This is for radiography

6. Oct 6, 2007 #5

learningphysics

Homework Helper

I wish I could help. I don't know anything about radiography. :( Hopefully someone else will know about how to solve this.

7. Oct 6, 2007 #6
    tx for trying, do you know anyone else that may know?

8. Oct 6, 2007 #7

learningphysics

Homework Helper

Hmmm... maybe. I'll try to find someone. :smile:

9. Oct 6, 2007 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As with any other homework problem, we first require you to show your work/effort/ideas/thoughts...anything.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?