Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: HELP WITH CONVERTING FORMULAS

1. Oct 6, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Someone I am stuck and need help solving a questions in formulas for x-rays. Converting 300 ma, .016 14cam 94kvp and a 6:1 grid to 18cm and T.T

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2007 #2

learningphysics

Homework Helper

Hi Lgx. I'm not understanding the problem... can you explain it further? You need to convert 300mA (milli - amps?)... what do you need to convert it to?

4. Oct 6, 2007 #3
    Hello, My question is converting 30mAs with a 8:1 grid ration to a 16:1 grid

5. Oct 6, 2007 #4
    The grid ratios is 8:1 which is 4 for number of lead strips and I am changing to 16:1 which that is also in number of lead strips is 6. I will need to convert 30mAs with a 8:1 grid (4) and change it to a 16:1 (6) grid. This is for radiography

6. Oct 6, 2007 #5

learningphysics

Homework Helper

I wish I could help. I don't know anything about radiography. :( Hopefully someone else will know about how to solve this.

7. Oct 6, 2007 #6
    tx for trying, do you know anyone else that may know?

8. Oct 6, 2007 #7

learningphysics

Homework Helper

Hmmm... maybe. I'll try to find someone. :smile:

9. Oct 6, 2007 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As with any other homework problem, we first require you to show your work/effort/ideas/thoughts...anything.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook