1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help With Course Schedule

1. Apr 1, 2013 #1
    I'm majoring in Applied Mathematics and I am currently planning my schedule for next semester. These are the classes I plan to take. I would like to know if I will be able to handle this schedule, or if it will be too difficult. I will be a junior taking these courses. I don't have a mathematics advisor to talk to, only my general school advisor who suggested this schedule. Thank you.

- Multivariable Calculus
    - Differential Equations
    - Linear Algebra
    - Transition to Advance Math (Concepts and techniques of proofs)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I would personally be able to handle this schedule. So I infer that you would be able to handle it too.

Did you have any major problems with single-variable calculus?

4. Apr 1, 2013 #3

MarneMath

Education Advisor

Well, it is quite bit of math for a single semester, but I don't recall any of those courses being extremely difficult. I would advise you to self-study proof techniques during the summer though. For two reasons:

1)My linear algebra class was particularly heavy on them, and if you're not used to them then it's a needless obstacle to overcome.
    2)It'll make your transition class a bit easier.

5. Apr 1, 2013 #4
    My single-variable calculus course is going great and it's not too difficult at all. The applied math courses are the only ones I have left to take. If I were to postpone a few courses, I would just fill those spots with computer science courses. Which would not be any easier.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook