1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with Cryptography

1. Feb 27, 2012 #1
    Dears,

Hope everything is going fine with all of you;

I hold a Bsc in communications and electronics engineering and a Diploma in Information security;

I want to study cryptography, and I decided to have a Msc in Maths for this reason;

Kindly, if you can recommend what books to read and what prerequisites I must have before applying

Thanks for your cooperation in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2012 #2
    Prerequisites are based on what grad school you plan to attend. I'm pretty sure all will require you to have taken the general GRE and most will ask that you have taken the math subject GRE as well.

4. Feb 27, 2012 #3
    First, thanks for your reply;

but, I think I wasn't clear;

I just wants to know what mathematics prerequisite shall be requested, Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra, number theory, this kind of stuff;

and if you or any respective member would recommend some mathematics and cryptography book, it shall be so helpful to me

5. Feb 27, 2012 #4
  6. Feb 28, 2012 #5
    Certain schools would also be more willing to accommodate (i.e, allow you to catch up on the required courses) than others. I understand that the Open University has such facilities?

The Chennai Mathematical Institute looks like a viable option in that one can apply to their MSc course in spite of an engineering background. The caveat, though, is that one must be able to pass their entrance exam, which I can imagine is quite challenging. (judging by their undergraduate entrance exam)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook