1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with D'Arcy's

1. Jul 6, 2009 #1
    hi

me again sorry.

i have a problem to solve finding the head differance between two reservoirs connected by a pipe.

i have to use D'Arcy's equation to solve this.

the only data i have is the flow rate, the pipe length and diameter. i also have the pipe roughness in mm but i don't have the frictional coefficient or any pressures in the pipe or reservoirs.

i have searched the net and books i have access to and to find the Frictional coefficient i seem to need pressures.

am i missing something or can this problem not be solved with out additional information?

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2009 #2

minger

Science Advisor

The problem can be solved. You do not need pressurse to find frictional coefficient; perhaps you are forgetting your Moody diagram?

Give it a try and show your work and from there we can guide you through the rest.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook