Help with Einstein and Planck's Views Question

• Thread starter FilupSmith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Einstein
In summary, Einstein and Planck had differing views on the influence of society and politics on science research. Einstein was known for his deterministic beliefs and the Copenhagen Conventions, while Planck's contributions also contradict Einstein's views.
FilupSmith
Question:
Outline how Einstein's and Planck's views of Science differed in relation to Science research being influenced by society an politics.

I can't remember anything about this and I'm having trouble finding the information needed. Can some one please help me understand what is is that differed their views?

Physics news on Phys.org
FilupSmith said:
Question:
Outline how Einstein's and Planck's views of Science differed in relation to Science research being influenced by society an politics.

I can't remember anything about this and I'm having trouble finding the information needed. Can some one please help me understand what is is that differed their views?

Well it was pretty well known that einstein was deterministic. Look up the copenhagen conventions I think its called. Also read up on what Planck is known for. There should be a contradiction there somewhere.

I will. Thank you~| FilupSmith |~

1. What were Einstein and Planck's views on the nature of light?

Einstein and Planck both believed that light could behave like both a wave and a particle. This is known as wave-particle duality. They also believed that light travels at a constant speed, known as the speed of light.

2. Did Einstein and Planck have conflicting views on the nature of reality?

Yes, Einstein and Planck had different views on the nature of reality. Einstein believed in the concept of absolute reality, where everything exists independently of observation. Planck, on the other hand, believed in a more subjective reality, where our observations and measurements shape our understanding of reality.

3. How did Einstein and Planck's theories contribute to the development of quantum mechanics?

Einstein and Planck's theories on the nature of light were crucial in the development of quantum mechanics. Their work on the photoelectric effect and the quantization of energy paved the way for further research and understanding of the behavior of particles at the atomic level.

4. What is the significance of Einstein and Planck's constant in modern physics?

Einstein and Planck's constant, also known as the Planck constant, is a fundamental constant in modern physics. It is used to calculate the energy and frequency of particles at the quantum level, and is integral in many equations and theories, such as the Uncertainty Principle and the Schrödinger equation.

5. How did Einstein and Planck's views on the nature of reality impact the scientific community?

Einstein and Planck's theories and views sparked intense debates and discussions within the scientific community. Their work challenged traditional understanding of reality and opened up new avenues of research, leading to the development of quantum mechanics and revolutionizing our understanding of the universe.