1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with Electronics

1. Sep 29, 2014 #1
    Hello all,
    I was dreadful at circuits and am now suffering in Electronics. It is almost as though I have trouble looking at them from the perspective of what I have to do when presented with a problem. I sort of freeze. It doesn't help that my professor is conversational in tone without a lot of organization of the material. My book is dense and also very tangential. Any recommendations for other books or study methods? Your insights would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2014 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Which book are you using now? (so people don't waste time recommending it)

4. Sep 29, 2014 #3
    Microelectronics by Neamen

5. Sep 29, 2014 #4
    I'm using the same book for my electronics course. I'm currently in the first "half" of the book.

Is it the electronics material that's giving you issues, or is it basic circuit theory that's giving you struggle? Basically, do you understand KVL and KCL, and how to apply them?

I can send you some of my course notes if that would help at all.

6. Sep 29, 2014 #5
    Hi Snowman,
    I think it is probably a bit of both. You have made me think. Perhaps I'll start reviewing basic circuit theory.

7. Feb 15, 2015 #6
    hello guys I my point view don't stop with theoretical try to match the theory value with practical value.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook