How Does a Perpendicular Force Affect a Fixed Elastic Rod?

In summary, some reliable sources for finding research materials include academic databases, government websites, and reputable journals or publications. To access resources that require a paid subscription, you can often get free access through universities or libraries, or by reaching out to the author directly. To narrow down your search for specific resources, you can use advanced search options and relevant keywords. There are also online communities and forums where you can find helpful resources. To ensure credibility and accuracy, you can check the author's credentials, the source's reputation, and if the information is supported by other reputable sources, such as peer-reviewed articles.
pixel8
I am studying the following phenomenon for my project:
Thin horizontal elastic rod is fixed at both ends and small perpendicular force is applied at middle of the rod perpendicular to its length. I want to study this dynamics and extend it to cylindrical shell. Please suggest books/papers or keywords for this type of phenomenon.
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org

What are some reliable sources for finding research materials?

Some reliable sources for finding research materials include academic databases, government websites, and reputable journals or publications.

How can I access resources that require a paid subscription?

Many universities and libraries offer free access to paid subscription resources for their students and members. You can also reach out to the author of the resource directly for access.

What is the best way to narrow down my search for specific resources?

Utilizing advanced search options, such as filtering by publication date or author, can help narrow down your search for specific resources. Additionally, using relevant keywords and phrases can help refine your results.

Are there any online communities or forums where I can find helpful resources?

Yes, there are many online communities and forums dedicated to specific fields or topics where members share and discuss helpful resources. A simple Google search or asking for recommendations from colleagues can lead you to these communities.

How can I make sure the resources I find are credible and accurate?

To ensure the credibility and accuracy of resources, you can check the author's credentials, the source's reputation, and if the information is supported by other reputable sources. Peer-reviewed articles and publications are also generally considered more reliable.