How can I solve these induction and function problems in my French homework?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Manal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the conversation discusses various exercises and solutions involving mathematical concepts such as induction, symmetric difference, functions, and sets. The exercises involve drawing graphs, finding inverses, and computing values to determine if they are integers. The importance of following forum rules, such as showing effort and posting in English, is also emphasized.
Manal
I would really appreciate if someone helped me do this homework, btw it's in french Screenshot_20211110_220854.jpg

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.

In exercise 1 points 1) and 2) are proved by induction on $n$. Point 3 follows from 2) by solving the inequality \(\displaystyle \frac{1}{2^{1+n/2}}<\frac{1}{200}\).

In exercise 2, point 1) the answer is yes because symmetric difference is associative, commutative and has the property \(\displaystyle A\triangle A=\emptyset\). So the effect of taking a symmetric difference with $A$ can be canceled.

In exercise 3 you can draw the graph of $f$ on Desmos. In fact, it is easy to draw the graph by hand because \(\displaystyle f(x)=\begin{cases}x^2+x,&x\ge0\\x^2-x,&x<0\end{cases}\). It is also clear that $f(x)$ is even, i.e., $f(-x)=f(x)$, so it is sufficient to study $f(x)$ for $x\ge0$.

If $g(x)$ is the restriction of $f(x)$ to $\mathbb{R}^+$, then it is clear from the graph that $g$ is a bijection from $\mathbb{R}^+$ to $\mathbb{R}^+$. The inverse $g^{-1}(y)$ is found by solving the equation $x^2+x=y$ for $x$.

In exercise 4 the elements of $A$ can be easily enumerated: $A=\{1,2,3,4,5\}$ (if $\mathbb{N}$ starts from 1). To find if any of them also belong to $B$ we can compute \(\displaystyle \frac{n^2-16}{n-2}\) for these $n# to see if the result is an integer.

For the future, please read the https://mathhelpboards.com/help/forum_rules/, especially "Show the nature of your question in your thread title", "Do not cheat", "Do not ask more than two questions in a thread or post", "Show some effort" and "Post in English".

1. How can I improve my French homework skills?

Improving your French homework skills takes practice and dedication. Some tips include regularly practicing speaking and writing in French, seeking help from a tutor or teacher, and immersing yourself in the language through media and conversation.

2. What are some common mistakes to avoid in French homework?

Some common mistakes in French homework include incorrect verb conjugations, misuse of accents and punctuation, and direct translations from English. It is important to pay attention to these details and always double check your work for accuracy.

3. How can I manage my time effectively when completing French homework?

To manage your time effectively when completing French homework, it is helpful to break down the assignment into smaller tasks and set a schedule for completing each task. It is also important to prioritize and focus on one task at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

4. Are there any online resources that can assist with French homework?

Yes, there are many online resources that can assist with French homework. These include language learning websites, online dictionaries and grammar guides, and educational videos and tutorials. It is important to use reputable and reliable sources for accurate information.

5. Can I get help with my French homework from a native speaker?

Yes, seeking help from a native French speaker can be beneficial for improving your French homework. This can be through a tutor, language exchange program, or conversation practice with a friend or family member. It is important to actively listen and ask for clarification when needed to fully understand the language.