Help with Geometry Homework: Recommended Books

• Thread starter Miike012
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Geometry
In summary, the conversation discussed recommendations for good geometry books for self-study. The conversation suggested looking for books published by Holt or Holt McDougal, specifically "Holt McDougal Geometry" by Burger or "Jurgensen, Brown, and Jurgensen" by McDougal Littell. Another option suggested was an old book with exercises that could be relevant for self-study.
Miike012

Homework Statement

I am currently taking trig, I also want to study geometry on the side... I am currently reading a book called master geometry however it doesn't have any practive problems... are there any good geometry books that someone can recommend?
thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org

Any high school Geometry book should be fine. Look for Holt Geometry (the publisher is Holt), or look for a book with the main author of Jurgensen listed with others.

symbolipoint said:
Any high school Geometry book should be fine. Look for Holt Geometry (the publisher is Holt)...
I think Holt merged with McDougal Littell, so now it's Holt McDougal. The book title is now "Holt McDougal Geometry" and the main author is Burger.

symbolipoint said:
... or look for a book with the main author of Jurgensen listed with others.
Ah, that would be Jurgensen, Brown, and Jurgensen. This book is published by McDougal Littell, I mean Holt McDougal. They go together with the Algebra: Structure & Method books by Dolciani. We use the Geometry book at my school (though I myself never taught from it, as I am currently not teaching Geometry).

Here is an old book with a bunch of exercises. It is from before the time of computers so relies a little too much on constructing solutions but some of the exercises should be relevant. You could read through them and choose the ones you would like to solve, ones that match whatever you are learning in Mastering Geometry.

I suggest this because finding good exercises is difficult.

(Or just get another geometry book, one with exercises...)

Last edited:

What are the recommended books for help with Geometry homework?

Some recommended books for help with Geometry homework include "Geometry Essentials for Dummies" by Mark Ryan, "The Humongous Book of Geometry Problems" by W. Michael Kelley, and "Geometry: Seeing, Doing, Understanding" by Harold R. Jacobs.

Why are these books recommended for Geometry homework help?

These books are recommended for Geometry homework help because they provide clear and concise explanations of key concepts, along with plenty of practice problems and examples to reinforce understanding. They also cover a wide range of topics, from basic concepts to more advanced problems.

Are these books suitable for all levels of Geometry?

Yes, these books are suitable for all levels of Geometry. They are designed to help beginners understand the basics of Geometry, as well as provide more advanced students with challenging problems to improve their skills.

Can these books be used as a substitute for a Geometry textbook?

No, these books should not be used as a substitute for a Geometry textbook. While they can provide helpful supplemental material, they may not cover all the topics or follow the same curriculum as your specific textbook. It is best to use these books in conjunction with your textbook.

Where can I find these recommended books?

These recommended books can be found online or in most bookstores. They may also be available at your local library. Additionally, many schools and universities have copies of these books available for students to borrow.