Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help With Higher IB Physics

1. Sep 1, 2003 #1
    Hello all.

Does anyone know any good sites which outline physics principals and equations? I used to use www.physics.uq.edu.au:8001/ph128/contents.html, but it seems that it has been shut down. I really liked the site, since it was comprehensive, and had a huge ammount of information, from middle school to college.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2003 #2
  4. Sep 1, 2003 #3
    i don't think they shut down. they just changed the port their http deamon was running on. try this
    is that what you were looking for?
  5. Sep 1, 2003 #4

I'm in the IB program too and taking physics; where do you live (country or state). Is IB physics really hard (I'm starting as a junior tomorrow). Thanks!
  6. Sep 1, 2003 #5
    haha there's no way i'm taking physics at higher, my teacher is deluded however and keeps telling me i will, check out

these people can help, a solution to every problem
  7. Sep 1, 2003 #6
    "IBscrewed" i love the name! I am in pre IB at the moment and will be taking physics high level (if my school offers it. my science teachers say they will being offering it by the time i can take it *crosses fingers*). I live in Colorado.
  8. Sep 6, 2003 #7
    Thanks *so* much for finding that for me hbar!!!

Im finding physics at a higher level challenging, especially since im not taking IB higher mathmatics (which is probably one of the hardest high school classes there is.)

I live in Hong Kong, and I decided to take the IB program after graduating from the GCSE program (grades 9-10), so technically and legally I would not have to go to school anymore if I was in the USA, which is 2 years earlier than in an american public school.

Im not sure what material is studied in the first 2 years of high school in american public schools, but the higher physics course is designed to be challenging, which it should be.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  9. Sep 7, 2003 #8
    Debaser, which form are you in in HK ?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?