Solving the Integral of Exp Function with Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter damjanisa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help with solving a difficult integration problem. They have tried using a math program, but it is unable to give a solution and instead returns an infinite answer. Another person suggests using the exponential/logarithmic integral function, but the original person is unsure how to use it. The conversation ends with the original person asking for more hints or explanations.
damjanisa
Hi every body

I've tryed to solve this integration but I can not. Please if anyone can help plsease DO HELP.

Integral of { Exp(-x-(t/(a+bx)))dx} from 0 to infinity.

Thanks for any help

Physics news on Phys.org
There doesn't seem to be any immediate solution to this problem... are you sure you've written/interpreted it correctly?

Last edited:
YES I AM SURE
i KNOW IT IS hard to solve it but I hope some one can DO IT

Why do you think a solution must exist? Have you tried with a computer algebra package first, to check that the integral does exist?

?

But my maths program fires out.

[tex]\int e^{[-x-(\frac{t}{a+bx})]}\:dx\rightarrow\int e^{[-x-(\frac{t}{a+bx})]}\:dx[/tex]

As a general solution. Which generally means there isn't one.

Last edited:
Does this baby [itex] \int_{0}^{\infty} \mbox{exp}\left(-\frac{1}{x}\right) {} \ dx [/itex] exist in [itex] \mathbb{R} [/itex] ? If so, can you compute it ?

I found this integration in on of published paper in the mobile communication section.

by using matlab: int(exp(-1/x)) = x*exp(-1/x)-Ei(1,1/x), and

int(exp(-1/x),0,inf) , ans = Inf,

I thanks all of you whose trying to help me.

hoever, I hope this will add some knowledge to all of us.

Thans again.

damjanisa said:
I found this integration in on of published paper in the mobile communication section.

by using matlab: int(exp(-1/x)) = x*exp(-1/x)-Ei(1,1/x), and

int(exp(-1/x),0,inf) , ans = Inf,

I thanks all of you whose trying to help me.

hoever, I hope this will add some knowledge to all of us.

Thans again.

Ah so the Exponential/log integral function turns up again. Problem with that is most maths programs will not give that as a solution. Mine didn't, and it is perfectly capable of churning out the exponential log function as an answer(see here):

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=224473

See this thread for the logarithmic integral.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LogarithmicIntegral.html

Thanks damjanisa that was quite an education. :smile:

Last edited:
Hi, Schrodinger's Dog

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLAY.:smile:

However, I tried to undestand what you have said but I can not. I don't know may because I have more than one thing to do these days. I'm sorry.:confused:

I understood there is a solution to this integration but I can not know how I do it.
Please if you have more time give me some hints or more explination.

BEST REGARDS DEAR
[/SIZE]

Did you check the links, they explain the function. If the answer is infinite the only other solution would be some sort of expansion. Is that what you are looking for?

What is integration in science?

Integration in science refers to the process of combining different elements or components together to form a cohesive whole. It involves synthesizing information from various sources and disciplines to gain a deeper understanding of a particular subject or phenomenon.

Why is integration important in scientific research?

Integration is important in scientific research because it allows scientists to make connections between different fields, leading to new insights and discoveries. It also helps to bridge the gap between theory and practice, as well as promote collaboration among scientists.

What are some strategies for integrating information in scientific research?

Some strategies for integrating information in scientific research include conducting interdisciplinary studies, using multiple methods and techniques, and collaborating with experts from different fields. It is also important to critically evaluate and synthesize information from various sources.

What are the benefits of integrating information in scientific research?

Integrating information in scientific research can lead to a more comprehensive understanding of complex topics, facilitate the development of innovative solutions, and promote the advancement of scientific knowledge. It can also help to address real-world problems and promote interdisciplinary collaboration.

What are the challenges of integrating information in scientific research?

Some challenges of integrating information in scientific research include the difficulty of effectively synthesizing and analyzing large amounts of data, the potential for bias or conflicting information, and the need for effective communication and collaboration among scientists from different fields.