HELP with LadderBuilder (Similar to LabView)

• Thread starter Pooty
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a program called LadderBuilder used for taking readings and calculating speed using optical sensors. The person is seeking help understanding how the program calculates a specific value in their code and suggests looking into the program's documentation for information on division operations.
Pooty
At least I have been told that it is similar to LabView. I am using a program called LadderBuilder made by Keyence (A company in Japan) to take readings of an object passing through two optical sensors and then using a series of calculations, give the subsequent speed of the object. Please, please, if you are familiar with this program please help. I have given a printshot of one part of my code and was hoping someone could tell me how the program calculated the temporary memory value in TM01. This value is associated with the remainder of the quotient of the higher order 16 bit value (173) and the lower order 16 bit value (25908). I understand where 407 came from, but no matter what I do, I don't see how it calculated the value (26651)!? Thank you.

Attachments

• HELP!!!.bmp
    116 KB · Views: 453
Technology news on Phys.org
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with LadderBuilder. However, it looks like it might be based on some kind of assembly language, which suggests that there is likely an instruction or command related to division operations. Have you looked at the documentation for the program to see if it provides any information on this? It may be worth checking the instructions manual or online resources to see if you can find more information.

What is LadderBuilder and how is it similar to LabView?

LadderBuilder is a software used for programming and controlling industrial processes. It is similar to LabView in that it uses a graphical programming language to create control systems.

What are the main features of LadderBuilder?

The main features of LadderBuilder include a user-friendly interface, drag-and-drop programming, real-time monitoring and debugging, and support for various communication protocols.

Is LadderBuilder suitable for all types of industrial processes?

Yes, LadderBuilder is designed to be a versatile software that can be used in a wide range of industries and processes, including manufacturing, automation, and robotics.

Can I import and export programs in LadderBuilder?

Yes, LadderBuilder allows for easy import and export of programs, making it easier to collaborate with others and transfer projects between different systems.

Is there a community or support available for LadderBuilder?

Yes, LadderBuilder has an active community and customer support team that can provide assistance and resources for troubleshooting and learning the software.