How Do Magnetic Fields Influence Current-Carrying Wires?

In summary, the conversation is about a homework question involving forces between current carrying wires and the appearance of magnetic waves on a specific side of the wires. The person asking for help believes the answer is D, and they mention a relevant equation and their reasoning behind their answer. They also ask for any additional information on answering the question.
Eliza Farbenblum

Homework Statement

See picture

Homework Equations

Dont think so.

The Attempt at a Solution

I get D, the answer is D. I think it is D because only half a magnetic wave would appear on the inside of the wires as it is a sine wave. If you have more information on answering the question, please help me out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 4.26.40 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 4.26.40 pm.png
    7 KB · Views: 268
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Eliza, :welcome:

Is there anything you've learned about forces between current carrying wires ? If so, please mention the relevant equations under 2.

If there is anything you've learned about magnetic waves "appearing on a particular side of the wires", I would be very interested too.

Oh, and please read the guidelines

1. What are magnetic fields?

Magnetic fields are areas of space where magnetic forces are present. They are created by moving electric charges and can be found around magnets, electric currents, and even the Earth.

2. How do magnetic fields work?

Magnetic fields work by exerting forces on other magnetic objects. These forces can either attract or repel depending on the orientation of the objects' poles. The strength of the force is determined by the strength of the magnetic field and the distance between the objects.

3. How can I measure a magnetic field?

Magnetic fields can be measured using a device called a magnetometer. This instrument detects the direction and strength of a magnetic field and can be used to map out the field in a particular area.

4. What are some real-world applications of magnetic fields?

Magnetic fields have many practical applications. They are used in motors and generators to convert energy into motion, in compasses for navigation, and in MRI machines for medical imaging. They are also used in data storage devices such as hard drives and credit cards.

5. How can I protect myself from magnetic fields?

Most magnetic fields found in daily life are harmless to humans. However, high levels of exposure to strong magnetic fields, such as those found in MRI machines, can have health effects. To protect yourself, follow safety guidelines and avoid spending long periods of time in close proximity to strong magnetic fields.