1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with Maxwell

1. Jan 14, 2007 #1
    I read a school subject book by test measures and have intended in doubt.

What I can understand is not readily found in search of other references either. Please help it.

When I considered gravity, dynamic energy thought about a (x,y,z) coordinate and a speed ingredient of a molecule at the same time to demand it with kinetic energy + potential energy and was able to understand that I thought as 6 dimensions of space.

f(x,y,z,vx,xy,xz)dxdydzdvxdvydvz = C exp(- ε /kT)dxdydzdvxdvydvz

* ε = m/2(vx^2 + vy^2 + vz^2) + φ(x,y,z)

Though I understand it, how will be that C is the fixed number if I try to really demand C?
    I tried to demand it from oneself, but it is it and has it at all and is not confident of a different value whenever I demand it. It is C = (mg/2kTS)*(m/2kT π )^ for the time being(3/2)  I became the value that was とsufferings from unjustness tea to say, ; It was it in this way when I thought as the case that I classified into a container expensive endlessly of cross-section area S. . .

In addition, how should the mean of dynamic energy demand it in this case? In addition, as for the found value, it seems to be it in a value different from mean (3kT/2) of dynamic energy of the ideal air which does not consider gravity hereby. Why seems to be ・ ・ ・?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2007 #2
    I read a previous post from you. Your english is a little confusing so it is a little hard to understand what you mean. I think what you should do to calculate [tex] C [/tex] is to require the distribution function to be normalized. So that
    [tex] \int_{-\infty}^\infty f(x,y,z,v_x,v_y,v_z) dx dy dz dv_x dv_y dv_z = 1 [/tex]
    You can can calculate this by the use of Guassian integrals and then you should obtain the value of [tex] C [/tex].
  4. Jan 15, 2007 #3
    Thanks a lot.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?